Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Devsdoc View Post
    Eric,
    Just read about Jonathan Lambert. Silly man! Not the best sailor/fisherman in the world. I do not understand his connection to the "Great Lakes"? I'm into lots of ships and lots of bangs. I hope to bring the Swede and Russian high sea and in-shore fleets into one game. With lots of islands and shallow waters. Lots of ships and bangs then.
    Be safe
    Rory
    I am unfamiliar with Lambert. I think David and Bobby were discussing him.

I look forward to your Russian-Swede plays. It would be interesting to incorporate more islands and shallow waters into our games. I will do so in a future solo scenario.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    I reckon I'm just an AoS junkie, I like the lot from thundering fleet actions with 100 ships on the table down to gunboat actions, shore parties and skirmishes and all points in between.
    I would enjoy playing a large game - not running it, though. :irk: I believe it would be an experience. If I ever have the opportunity, I might be surprised by how much I enjoy it.

I especially want to play shore parties, etc. I would like more breadth to my collection, and to offer folks varying scenarios to play.

I am discovering I am a bit of a squad level junkie when it comes to WWII wargames. I recently picked up a few Lock 'n Load games, both Band of Brothers games, another ASL module, and a couple of games in the ATS series (a tad larger scale). I, also, have added to my Battle of Britain, Market Garden, and Monte Cassino campaigns. At the same time, I am starting to narrow the scope of my collection by trading other genres for these games.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    I would enjoy playing a large game - not running it, though. :irk: I believe it would be an experience. If I ever have the opportunity, I might be surprised by how much I enjoy it.
    Can we coax you on a trip to the lovely Pacific Northwest in May to play in Walram's Glorious First of June battle at Enfilade? I think it will definitely be a memorable experience

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Fred, if we weren't going to Origins in June, that would have been a possibility. We enjoy traveling in such ways as to meet up with folks, and have done so with members of the 'Drome.

Out of curiosity, when in May and where?

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post

Out of curiosity, when in May and where?
    It will be in Olympia WA, at Enfilade! sponsored by NHMGS. The 2015 website isn't up yet, but it will be held on Sunday May 24 from 10am to 5pm. Dave/Walram and his gaming group have been putting in major prep work, so I'm quite confident it will be well planned and executed, and a lot of fun

2nd Lieutenant
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Rory

Bobby & Eric,
    I'm getting old and my head is not as sharp as it once was. Your Avatar's look much alike to this old twit. I have over the last days got you both mixed-up. I hope you can both understand this poor soul and forgiven him.
    Be safe
    Rory (the sad old shipmate)