Thread: Medals and promotions Board.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

There is no top thread starter for May, as no one who has not already reached the Gold Medal has posted a new thread this month.
    Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am pleased to announce the award of the medal for recruitment to Captain Duff, for his successful efforts at Expo over the last two years.

Congratulations Chris.

Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    Norway

Log Entries
    Name
    Stian

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    I am pleased to announce the award of the medal for recruitment to Captain Duff, for his successful efforts at Expo over the last two years.

Congratulations Chris.

Bligh.
    Very well deserved, Sir ! Thank you for showing me the ropes!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Congratulations to Stian on his promotion to Able Seaman.

Bligh.

Midshipman
    Norway

Log Entries
    Name
    Stian

Thank you, Sir!

Stian

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Our top poster award for June is presented to Stian, aka James Wilmore.

Congratulations Able seaman.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am also pleased to announce that Stian has done the double and also receives the Top Thread Starter award for June.

Congratulations also for this award.

Bligh.
    Last edited by Bligh; 08-01-2024 at 00:49.

Midshipman
    Norway

Log Entries
    Name
    Stian

Thank you, good Sirs, for the recognitions! It is only a pleasure to contribute among such esteemed Captains and Officers

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Thank you for your posts, Stian! Congratulations on your medals.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Stian has done it for the second month in a row. it now gives me great pleasure to award him the Bronze Medal for top monthly poster.

Bligh.

Midshipman
    Norway

Log Entries
    Name
    Stian

Stian has done it for the second month in a row. it now gives me great pleasure to award him the Bronze Medal for top monthly poster.

Bligh.
    Thanks a lot, good Sirs

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Stian has also once again done the double, and receives the monthly top thread starter Bronze Medal for July.

Congratulations on both awards Able Seaman.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And once again, Stian gains his top award for Monthly thread starter.
    Congratulations on your Silver Medal sir.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Yes once again it is the double for Stian. The only question now is can he turn these into gold in September just before the Anchorage closes down?
    Congratulations on your Top Poster Award Silver.

Bligh.

Midshipman
    Norway

Log Entries
    Name
    Stian

It is a privilege to be in such great company as you all, dear fellow Officers. Thanks for the recognitions

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

As I am reaching the end of my tenure as Admiral of the Fleet, I have used my discretion to award a few medals to those Captains and Members of the Admiralty Board who have assisted me throughout the whole period, and to whom I am gratefully indebted.

The following Medals Have been awarded:-

The Royal Hajj. The Site Recognition Award.

A prestigious medal awarded to members that go above and beyond the call of duty.

Diamond Back, Captain Duff,and Dobbs. The Service Medal.

Awarded to a select few for their dedication of time and knowledge to helping to keep the Sails of Glory Anchorage website a reality.

Congratulations to those officers and thank you for your unstinting service at the Anchorage.

Wm. Bligh. Admiral of the Fleet.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Thank you, Admiral, for these medals. I am getting quite a collection, even though they will probably disappear soon.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

No more than you are entitled to for all your commitment to the Anchorage over the years Dobbs.
    I am not sure why that presentation of the Medals has changed. I checked the admin section and nothing seems to have changed there.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And just in the nick of time before the Anchorage closes a gong for young Vagabond, who has now posted 500 posts and has more than a year's service under his belt.

Congratulations and, well done sir.

Bligh.

2nd Lieutenant
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Blimey that was a near run thing.

Well lads the Rums on me, I'll settle the bar bill in November if it's ok with you all.
    Cheers

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post

Well lads the Rums on me, I'll settle the bar bill in November if it's ok with you all.
    Cheers
    Said just like a true Frenchman Jon!

Bligh.

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Mike

Congratulations John Vagabond. Mines a pint of grog

2nd Lieutenant
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Said just like a true Frenchman Jon!

Bligh.
    Bonjour mon Admiral you may have a glass of brandy and indeed if Martine still has any of the 98 left I will pour the tot myself. It will only be a small tot mind you, because the 98 is a precious liquid and wasted on you Roste Bif's.

2nd Lieutenant
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
    Congratulations John Vagabond. Mines a pint of grog

That is Capitaine Jean le Vagabond to you, young Cochrane and as I haven't finished my tales of deering do, I'm sure I'll be an Admiral before I'm through.

But thanks for the congratulations anyway.

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Mike

What I want to know is, although you bear a distinct likeness to a known pirate called Pugwash, given you are probably an ancestor of a young flying officer (yet to greet the world of course), mon "Capitaine Jean le Vagabond to you", do you wear body armour on board your sailing vessel? Is that perhaps where your descendant will get the idea one day? If so I would strongly advise you to remove it in case you are ever required to walk a plank of any description. It makes swimming rather difficult.
    May you make Admiral in double quick time.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
    Thank you, Admiral, for these medals. I am getting quite a collection, even though they will probably disappear soon.
    I'm compiling a registry so the records can be transferred to our new home port... IF it gets built.

A respectable Admiral awarding medals to a PIRATE? Oh, the heresy... :P
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Try pot and Kettle DB.

Humph! Bligh.

2nd Lieutenant
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
    What I want to know is, although you bear a distinct likeness to a known pirate called Pugwash, given you are probably an ancestor of a young flying officer (yet to greet the world of course), mon "Capitaine Jean le Vagabond to you", do you wear body armour on board your sailing vessel? Is that perhaps where your descendant will get the idea one day? If so I would strongly advise you to remove it in case you are ever required to walk a plank of any description. It makes swimming rather difficult.
    May you make Admiral in double quick time.
    Well young Cochrane, the idea that my crew would ever countenance the plank is preposterous, and my enemies would never be able to catch me, so there would be no worry on that score. The idea that Jean le Vagabond needs armour is also utterly preposterous, it is only the Roste Bifs that might consider such a cowardly necessity.
    However as I sit in Martine's bar on these cold winters evenings, explaining the finer points of naval strategy to Hermione and explaining how the cost of the 98 vintage is well worth it to her father Baptiste I wonder how my descendant's will fare. For I am a sailor through and through, my only mistress was the sea, but there was a wife in so many ports, it would be difficult to believe that some offspring of my loins wasn't an Englishman by location but would still have the blood of a true Frenchman in his veins.
    If the flying officer you refer to is gallant and bold as well as full of le merde then he could well be of my blood line. All I can say is "he's a lucky fellow."

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Try pot and Kettle DB.

Humph! Bligh.
    I was, of course, referrin to myself. :)
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.