Thread: Update from Ares Games with regards to reprints

Ordinary Seaman
    Norway

Log Entries
    Name
    Stian

Default Update from Ares Games with regards to reprints

I have been in dialogue with Ares games with regards to reprints. Out of interest to the community, I'll share their replies here.

We are reprinting sails of glory starter set, game mat and ship mats...we'll be available in next months.

I don't think we'll reprint other ship, sorry Stian.
    Hi Stian, the reprint of the Starter Set will be available by September, and the Game Mat, by July. The ships are almost all available - only one model is sold out. You can check our e-commerce website for the line: https://ks.aresgames.eu/products/cat...ails-of-glory/. Game stores that don't have the items can try to contact us or a local distributor, as we have it in stock. For further information, please write us - info@aresgames.eu. Thank you!
    Last edited by James Wilmore; 06-10-2024 at 12:42.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Interesting Stian, especially the second quote. You could try your local Games Store and see if they will try and order for you.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Starter seems pointless without some new product to add to it, unless this is only about hooking people to use up existing deadstock. :(
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Ordinary Seaman
    Norway

Log Entries
    Name
    Stian

I’m not reading this as they will not reprint ever. I’m reading it as they will not reprint now, in this round. Apparently, they have much in stock, so why should they right now?

Ordinary Seaman
    Norway

Log Entries
    Name
    Stian

BTW, has anyone herad anything more about the Pirate line that was in the talks in 2020?

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

That's in early development pending production resource availability and other projects getting released and out of the way first. Per last time I reached out to Rob, the hold on new SGN is indefinite - and I report this as one of their historical consultants, who's trying to do Long Range Planning to have a few more potential waves drawn up ready and waiting, just as this site did with Wave 4 getting it ready to follow hot on the heels of Wave 3.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.