Thread: Hi from Bisley Surrey England

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    danny

Default Hi from Bisley Surrey England

Hi all

just purchased this game from the Birmingham Game expo big shout out to the old pirate Capn Duff, Who gave us a crash course in the game late on Sunday afternoon!

Now my bank account is nice and cleared out thanks to him!

also a big shout out to Mr Bligh who helped out with me getting joined up and answering loads of annoying questions from a nub.

drop me a line if anyone is local and would like a game are group is 4 players strong on a good day

danny

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi again Danny, and I can now give you an official welcome to the Anchorage. I will have a look at the Database and see if there are any current posters in your area.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Your best bets are Kustenjaeger and Cap'n Kenway. No one else has posted since 2021.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Ordinary Seaman
    Norway

Log Entries
    Name
    Stian

Welcome aboard, @Iambourne! I did just the same myself, purchased the game after a demo with Capn Duff at the UK Games Expo I'm afraid it is a bit of a distance to where I live, unfortunately.

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    danny

If i ever meet Capn Duff again i will make him walk the plank!!! The mans a pirate left penny less

I am lucky that the group i was with all chipped so we have a nice sized fleet to play with

danny

Ordinary Seaman
    Norway

Log Entries
    Name
    Stian

Haha, exactly the same happened with me and my friends :-) We bought twelve aditional ships(English, French, Spanish), and now the four of us are set for some of this and some of that. Will probably buy some American ships as well, eventually.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hey you fellows, just remember you are talking scuttlebut about Captain Duff, Captain of the Fleet and a much respected member of the Navy Board! Beware, lest you find yourself in irons on the Orlop deck, awaiting a Court Martial.
    He was only carrying out orders from the Lord High Admiral.

Bligh.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

"He was only carrying out orders....."

That would be a first ;)

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Is it safe to anchor in port yet?
    Glad you chaps found the demo useful and helped lighten your bank balances.
    If any further questions just ask away, have fun and may you never draw a fire chit, except against me of course

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hush now sir. Remember you are an esteemed member of that same Navy Board.
    Bligh.

Ordinary Seaman
    Norway

Log Entries
    Name
    Stian

Aye, aye, good Sirs! I none of us regret the money invested Really looking forward to playing this game a lot in times to come!

Is there any practice around playing remotely, with streaming cameras? One player keeping the board, and then the others giving orders remotely? There would have to be a system for writing down orders in secret, of course, but it could perhaps be doable? Perhaps some have already tested this?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

This may be of interest Stian.

https://sailsofglory.org/showthread....t=playing+line

Rob.