Thread: Want to buy extra ship mats/dashboards and action tokens

Ordinary Seaman
    Norway

Log Entries
    Name
    Stian

Default Want to buy extra ship mats/dashboards and action tokens

Ahoy!

I am fairly new to the game (began three days ago at the UK Games Expo). I bought the starter kit and quite a few extra ships. However, I am amazed to learn that I actually don't have all I need to play with more than four ships in total. I am now in need of more ship mats / dashboards. Everywhere I look online, these are out of stock. So I want to buy

Additional Ship Mats
    Additional Ship Mats
    Additional Ship Mats
    Additional Ship Mats
    Additional Ship Mats

Acceptable price: Up to £20 for one, up to £50 for five.

Additional Counter Set
    Additional Counter Set

Acceptable price: Up to £15 for one, up to £25 for two.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Stian.
    I may be able to help you out here.
    PM Sent.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Good morning Stian, welcome to the Anchorage.
    I was the main demo at Games Expo, apologies I thought I had said the starter set had what you need to play but you would need more if you used more ships.
    Apologies for the confusion.
    Mats and counters are being reprinted according to Ares but no date given as yet.
    If I can assist with anything else dont hesitate and it was a pleasure meeting you at Games Expo

Ordinary Seaman
    Norway

Log Entries
    Name
    Stian

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    Good morning Stian, welcome to the Anchorage.
    I was the main demo at Games Expo, apologies I thought I had said the starter set had what you need to play but you would need more if you used more ships.
    Apologies for the confusion.
    Mats and counters are being reprinted according to Ares but no date given as yet.
    If I can assist with anything else dont hesitate and it was a pleasure meeting you at Games Expo
    Ahoy, Capn Duff! How lovely to make your acquintance here as well! You did a GREAT job of explaining the game. You did nothing wrong on your part :-)

When I said that I am amazed to learn that could only play with four ships, it's because it was really surprising that each extra ship bought doesn't contain all you need to play that ship, espcially not with the Advanced rules. I would have expected that. I did understand, as you clearly explained to me, that I might need more damage chits when increasing the total fleet. That makes perfect sense.

However, I am sure it will work out, Bligh here has already reached out with a helpful hand. And I am sure Ares will reprint the mats and tokens shortly, otherwise the game will come to a halt. And if not, and I need more, I will make some make-do versions myself.

I hope we meet again, and meanwhile, let's stay in contact here :-)
    Last edited by James Wilmore; 06-04-2024 at 10:07.

Ordinary Seaman
    Norway

Log Entries
    Name
    Stian

And BTW: I am still interested in purchasing more Ship Mats, if somebody has any for sale. I was aiming at around 16-20 in total, to be able to run large fleets in the game.

Ordinary Seaman
    Norway

Log Entries
    Name
    Stian

Thanks to Admiral Bligh here, I am happy with ship mats for now. In his incredible generosity, he has sent me more than anyone could expect, and I now have enough materials to run larger fleets on both sides og the table :-)

+ Reply to Thread