Threaded View

Ordinary Seaman
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Name
    Andrew

Default Hi from Stockholm, Sweden!

Hi from Stockholm!

I'm a newcomer to the game. I've only tried it out a few times with friends and family, as well as learnt about it by playing a number of scenarios solo.

I played wargames quite a bit when I was a good bit younger - starting with Risk and Heroquest, I got into things like Axis & Allies, Warhammer 40K, Greyhawk Wars, MechWarrior and a few other hex-based wargames. Recently, I wanted to get back into playing a bit and, as a father of two, needed something that plays quick and fast (i.e. none of the above!). I settled on Sails of Glory and Command & Colors: Napoleonics.

I've currently been replaying the historical scenario "A Sour Mistake" a few times using the two solo apps (G-two's app using fred miracle's solo rules and DGH's app), as well as the rules by Herkybird. I was curious how each of these rulesets played out and hope to post a few AARs soon.

Having browsed through a number of the threads already, I've learnt quite a bit about the game and the history of the Age of Sail. Thanks to the community for all the informative posts!
    Last edited by Fabbe; 03-12-2018 at 01:28.