Thread: How does this sound for a solid start in Sails of Glory?

Threaded View

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steve

Default How does this sound for a solid start in Sails of Glory?

Hi All- already introduced myself in the other subforum, but am just finally getting into Sails of Glory after flirting with it for close to two years.

Friends from my game group have helped grease the skids by gifting me the Spanish Argonauta and Sirena as well as the French Hermione for my birthday recently.

I've gone ahead and ordered the starter set and am looking to flesh out my British and French/Spanish fleets as follows:

Franco-Spanish - 713pts
    Hermione 1779
    Courageuse 1778
    Sirena 1793
    Argonauta 1806
    Genereux 1785
    Orient 1791

British - 711pts
    HMS Terpsichore 1785
    HMS Sybille 1794
    HMS Orpheus 1780
    HMS Defence 1763
    HMS Impetueux 1796
    HMS Victory 1765

With each list featuring three 5th rate frigates, two 3rd rates and a single 1st rate, I feel like these lists will emphasize maneuver and, hopefully, fun. I also picked ships based on which sculpts I liked the best, because that's important too IMHO!

Am I on the right track here? Any recommendations? I've also got a few of the Sails of Glory playmats coming, as based on demo game experience, having more sea room than less seems to make for a more enjoyable experience. Nothing like getting to the downwind end of the mat while you're right in the thick of battle.
    Last edited by surfimp; 02-05-2016 at 14:39.