Thread: 1805 Sea of Glory

2nd Lieutenant
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Ulrich

Smile 1805 Sea of Glory

Hi everybody,
    is anybody out there who can tell more about this boardgame?

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

I have not played this game, but I own several GMT games, and I like their design mechanics, and the production value of the game components have been consistently high. In some ways, GMT is my replacement for AH.

2nd Lieutenant
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Ulrich

Thanks for the answer, but I know this and I have read this..
    I want to hear the opinion of people here in the forum, who have played this game and can give a short description how this game "feels", when playing it.
    Is it too technical, is it exciting or so. Is there a comparison to other (board)games ? My English is not good enough to explain excatly, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Aubrey View Post
    Thanks for the answer, but I know this and I have read this..
    I want to hear the opinion of people here in the forum, who have played this game and can give a short description how this game "feels", when playing it.
    Is it too technical, is it exciting or so. Is there a comparison to other (board)games ? My English is not good enough to explain excatly, sorry.
    I have the game, sadly I have not yet played it! One of the reasons I bought it was beacause I know the designer, Phil Fry, and have and enjoy his tactical miniature rules, "Fire as She Bears". I like some of the mechanics in 1805, however it is a bit complicated. Sorry I can't tell you about game play, although it would do well as a campaign system for SoG battles.