Thread: Frigate L'Hermione

Default Frigate L'Hermione

Updates on the construction of a replica of the frigate that brought Lafayette to America during the Revolution. Just stepped her masts:

www.hermione.com/fr

Eric

Good site, I saw this over on TMP. The Youtube videos of the the construction and launch are good. But wow, the small 65cm model is $1,101.00 and the large 85cm one is $1,555, pretty steep.

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    Good site, I saw this over on TMP. The Youtube videos of the the construction and launch are good. But wow, the small 65cm model is $1,101.00 and the large 85cm one is $1,555, pretty steep.
    I don't think the OP (TMP) was posting b/c of the models, so I don't know what all the hubbub was about. My interest is in the ship itself. As I understand it she will sail to the US to recreate Lafayette's voyage.

Mine too for sure. I was just commenting about the models as an aside. Did you watch the videos?

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Just stumbled on some updated news on the Hermione. Here's their main site and a very inspiring YouTube video.

http://www.hermione2015.com/

Great video Jim!

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steven

Thanks for sharing, gentlemen. France sure has a good grasp on maintaining their history. I know of another project in France in which they are building a medieval-style castle with only tools available to workers at that time. Can't recall the exact era or the name of the project.

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

After watching that video it makes one think that using a pair of tweezers, a little super glue, and a needle and thread isn't so hard after all!!

Of course, you still need a pretty good idea about what you're doing all the same!

Midshipman
    Poland

Log Entries
    Name
    Andrzej

Great News! I have ordered this Ares mini some days ago to supplement my humble but growing SoG collection