Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: Maximizing the Kickstarter

Thanks or the reminder Paul. The MAIN reason I supported the KS was to make sure production for SoG and accessories would come out ASAP.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Thanks or the reminder Paul. The MAIN reason I supported the KS was to make sure production for SoG and accessories would come out ASAP.
    Me too Ed.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Blozinski View Post
    No, but...I calculated it out and I was over $31 in the hole from retail cost just on the $140 Lt level. Only that part. I pledged another $161 in accessories. If every single one of those can be had significantly cheaper retail at the same ratio, then I'm a good $67 in the hole over retail on $301 in pledges. I didn't expect to get super cheap stuff over retail, but damn...that's a HUGE difference. I think it's safe to say I certainly didn't get free shipping and none of the freebee's are anywhere near free.
    By my count, you are off a little bit. Based on my prices at AA and the listed value of other stretch goals on KS (that I do not have, can not get, or have not settled on a final price for yet) and assuming you only value the exclusive ships at the regular ship values (which will be way off)...

Starter $64.99
    Exclusive ship 1 $12.99
    Exclusive ship 2 $12.99
    Exclusive ship 3 $15.75
    Exclusive ship 4 $15.75
    Attidue Indicator $5.00
    Combat Ruler $5.00
    Terrain Pack 1 $5.00
    Terrain Pack 2 $5.00
    Game Mat $30.75
    Smoke Clouds $4.00
    Smoke Clouds $4.00

Total: $186.22 with out shipping.

At the Lt. level you got all of that for $140, you are till ahead $46.22 and the free shipping.

Don't forget the free PDF and double sided cards that would nto have happened with out the KS project.

Is there any recent word about adding merchant ships to the SoG line??

Midshipman
    Scotland

Log Entries
    Name
    Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner
    Not to mention the KS ships that wont be available to anyone else.
    Are they 100% Kickstarter exclusive, or will they become available at a later date?

From Kickstarter:-
    Our backers on Kickstarter will also have access to four of the ship models, which will not be included in the initial release of the game: the French frigate La Concorde, the French ship-of-the-line Fougueux, the British frigate HMS Juno, and the British ship-of-the-line HMS Bellerophon.

And it does kind of suck that you can get stuff cheaper, but I've convinced my brain that without my support Sails would never exist. (makes me feel big and important )

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Is there any recent word about adding merchant ships to the SoG line??
    It is still in the works, but I'm not sure exactly at what stage it is at right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz67 View Post
    Are they 100% Kickstarter exclusive, or will they become available at a later date?

And it does kind of suck that you can get stuff cheaper, but I've convinced my brain that without my support Sails would never exist. (makes me feel big and important )
    The KS exclusive ships are just that, exclusive to KS. You will not be able to purchase that ship class with that paint job and with those stats any place else (besides from people/stores that ordered extra of them during the KS to resale at higher prices). You will be able to buy that ship class with a different paint job and different stats however.

I've not checked all the online discounters out there against every pledge level, but I've yet to see one that actually comes out cheaper if you count everything in the KS. Sure, the starter set and ship packs are a little cheaper, but the other products are not... if they can even get/sale them, which in most cases, they can not.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself but, is there anything in the wind about the second release ships and dates?

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

I know I'm getting ahead of myself but, is there anything in the wind about the second release ships and dates?
    Not that I have heard.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Lawrence

As others said, KS is a chance for customers to pledge / confirm interest in a product and give a company an accelerated path to delivery. We could be waiting much, much longer for the product to reach the market without it...and they may never have even delivered if they decided at some point there wouldn't be enough interest.

Just as I always try to support my LGS even if I could save a couple dollars with online orders, I was happy to pledge here even if some items might show up via online retail at a slightly less cost. I imagine the total package (EB Lt) is going to remain cheaper than I could get later but that was not the big reason I did the KS. I wanted this game and was willing to put my money up now to show them how much I wanted it rather than wait until (if) it shows up later and save a few percent per item.

I also hope that the KS pledges will get fulfilled before shipping to the general public as it would b cool to have it before others can. :-)

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Lawrence

...and on a similar but different note...

I haven't been on as regularly lately but I see most people got their badges. :-( I don't appear to be among them. I thought I passed on all the appropriate info to connect my account here with my EB Lt. KS order. Any tips on getting this resolved?

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Hi Lawrence,

Go to the Medals menu, find the EB LT medal, and request it - button off to the right side.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Lawrence

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Another price update from a good site.

http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.ya.../saofglse.html

Sails of Glory Starter Set (ARES)
    $49.99
    Sails of Glory : HMS Concorde 1783 Frigate (ARES)
    $11.99
    Sails of Glory French Hermione 1779 Frigate (ARES)
    $11.99
    Sails of Glory British HMS Impetueux 1796 Ship of the Line (ARES)
    $13.99
    Sails of Glory French Commerce de Bordeaux 1784 Ship of the Line (ARES)
    $13.99
    Sails of Glory French Embuscade 1798 Frigate (ARES)
    $11.99
    Sails of Glory British HMS Cleopatra 1779 Frigate (ARES)
    $11.99
    Sails of Glory French Le Berwick 1795 Ship of the Line (ARES)
    $13.99
    Sails of Glory British HMS Bellona 1760 Ship of the Line (ARES)
    $13.99