Thread: Permission to come aboard sir?

Default Permission to come aboard sir?

Reporting for duty sir! I just discovered this ship while sailing through the internet seas. It looks like a fine ship sir and I'll do my part to keep her sails trimmed.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Welcome aboard from central Illinois. You will find the captain and crew here to be wonderful people.

Let me try this again on the right thread.

Welcome from Arizona, Vol.
    What is Vol short for?

Just me. That's my name. Named after my great uncle, who was named after my great-great grandfather. I wanted to name my kids Vol. I and Vol. II, but my wife had other ideas. I chose Volunteer because I end up getting volunteered a lot at work and at home. Any time someone is thinking they need a volunteer, they realize they've already said my name.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Vol. I and Vol. II - wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    Just me. That's my name. Named after my great uncle, who was named after my great-great grandfather. I wanted to name my kids Vol. I and Vol. II, but my wife had other ideas. I chose Volunteer because I end up getting volunteered a lot at work and at home. Any time someone is thinking they need a volunteer, they realize they've already said my name.

Bonjour Volunteer.

Welcome on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    Ha, ha, ha. Great story Vol.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Welcome aboard.