England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Happy Fourth.

Happy fourth of July shipmates.

Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Able Seaman
    Norway

Log Entries
    Name
    Stian

Happy Fourth

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

That would be Independence Day to us "treasonous, ungrateful colonials"... :P
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That is what I thought until I visited Williamsburg, met George and Martha Washington and listened to several speeches from people like Adams and Franklin. They convinced me that what you were fighting for in '75 was very akin to the things that our government is still imposing upon us now!

(Disclaimer) This is in no way a political statement, just a remark about your post and its similarity to our own recent history. In the words of our own Duke of Wellington. "Publish and be damned."

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Ironically, we're STILL hotly debating some of those very issues over here today... my own personal gut take on the trajectory of history is that had the Revolution either failed or never happened, America would have never had the chance to develop into the helping hand Britain needed in her darkest hour. Like the wayward child who grows up to go their own way in normal times but in a Family Emergency lends the key aid that saves the day.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I was only saying that a couple of days ago DB. As a colony the industrial might of your country would never have been developed to the extent that it has been, and we could not have fallen back on your vast resources to succour us in our time of need.
    Rob.