Thread: Just curious...

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

Default Just curious...

I've had a number of cases lately where I've had to deal with sinking ships and, rather than hack up a bunch of my ARES models, I wonder if anyone can direct me to where I might find any similar "sinking" models of various types at the proper scale to incorporate into my games?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I have a feeling that some of the printed ships are to be had in a sinking attitude Mike.
    Captain Duff, Dave Manley, or Texas may well be able to enlighten you.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

There are files for sinking ships if you have access to a 3d printer and if so you can print hulls to hack up and not destroy your fleet.
    Langton miniatures also has a set of sails for sinking ships which can be added. Drop me a pm if you want further details

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

What I did to get mine, way before the printed versions came out was to buy ships which had the card decks for the Langton ships I was building. It worked out as cheap as printing my own on double sided photo paper and I got the boxes for the Langton ships too.
    All that changed with printed ships arriving on the scene and discovering the half deck method of play which meant only having to print a set of the brown cards instead of a whole deck.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

If you have access to a 3d printer there are models on My Mini Factory and Wargaming 3d. Sometimes you can find preprinted models on Etsy or you could use a printing service.

An example:

https://www.myminifactory.com/object...-wrecks-230557

Here is a free file for 17th century ships from Henry Turner:

https://www.wargaming3d.com/product/...hipwreck-pack/

That said if you prefer metal minis then Langton has sinking ship models and rigging debris as well I believe.