Thread: New Age of Admirals Kickstarter from Henry Turner

Default New Age of Admirals Kickstarter from Henry Turner

FYI Henry has a new campaign coming for the ships from the Battle of the Nile.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...0of%20admirals

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for the notification Eric.
    I will keep my eyes open.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Most of the important French classes - L'Ocean, Bucentaure/Tonnant, Temeraire, with variations of beakhead, bulwarks, sterns to cover multiple variants and their service in the RN where appropriate, plus a couple of their Fregate de 18s also with variations.... and that is before any stretch goals....

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Not for me. I like my baubles to be pre-painted. Always pleased to see a new game though. I wonder if we will ever see coloured 3D ship prints like they are doing with Wings of Glory planes.

Here is the French frigate Diane I just finished painting for his kickstarter.

Name:  20221021_192429.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  108.5 KB

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Thanks for the info, have signed up to be notified upon its launch.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

So did I Chris.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Not for me. I like my baubles to be pre-painted. Always pleased to see a new game though. I wonder if we will ever see coloured 3D ship prints like they are doing with Wings of Glory planes.
    Does this count Gary?

Name:  20221021_210840.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  117.9 KB

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Did you all see the following
    Fire and Sails: Barbary Corsairs expansion. by Saturnalia Studios

Scale is not 1/1000 but this can be adjusted and the dates are a bit earlier than Napoleonic wars, but they are med Xebecs, both Spanish and Barbary so could be used with a bit of work. 11 days left on kickstarter

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Tagged to subscribe, if he'll do another batch of physical samples.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    Did you all see the following
    Fire and Sails: Barbary Corsairs expansion. by Saturnalia Studios

Scale is not 1/1000 but this can be adjusted and the dates are a bit earlier than Napoleonic wars, but they are med Xebecs, both Spanish and Barbary so could be used with a bit of work. 11 days left on kickstarter

No I didn't see that. Do you have a link?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Are you buying in Chris? If so for how much?
    Rob.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Hi Rob, yes I am in for basic pledge but also ordered their Master and Commander set also, total cost €50.
    Was thinking about the historic set but realised I already had the hulls from our other two sellers.

Sorry Vol thought I had put in a link and thanks to you Howard for doing so.

Just to let you know as add ons you can get the rest of the campaigns for this series including the base game.
    However I do not know if the stretch goals are included for the addon from their campaigns.

I see that I can purchase single ships from their myminifactory.com store. I want to just get one first to compare to the quality of Simon's and Henry's ships.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Hi Vol,
    I have purchased a hull from this group, HMS Mars.
    The sculpt is just as good, what is different is the mast and sails.
    Theses are one piece but the mast height is smaller than Ares and a bit smaller than Henry or Simon.
    The second difference is that the masts are not a pole and drilled into the deck. The mast has a small block which fits into a square hole in the deck.
    I shall try and get a pic posted tomorrow to show
    Last edited by Capn Duff; 10-25-2022 at 01:52.

Le Bucentaure from the kickstarter is painted

Name:  20221024_155925.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  147.2 KBName:  20221024_160103.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  279.0 KB

The reference painting

Name:  Geoff-Hunt-Le-Bucentaure-1.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  173.7 KB

The camera makes the stripe look much brighter than it is, but it really matches the painting exactly. My artist daughter helped me match the colors.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Yet another very good looking paint job Vol.
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    I see that I can purchase single ships from their myminifactory.com store. I want to just get one first to compare to the quality of Simon's and Henry's ships.
    I wasn't that impressed with them. I joined their first kickstarter and I don't think they quite measure up to Turner/Mann. Usable, but not that good.
    Worth to note that Turner/Mann is now sculpted much better than the Sails of Glory models. For use with SoG I'd say good enough.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

I never picked any up, as Turner/Mann are far superior sculpts and cheaper. With the multi-customisation blender files I'd say Turner has the edge now, even with his slightly cruder deck representation, because each ship (of a small batch) can be unique, rather than just an endlessly duplicated identical models.

Just to add that the KS goes live Friday. There are some interesting addons and stretch goals, like HMS Glatton among others.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Sorry chaps, got the pics but my photo prog is u/s so having progs getting them on the site, will show asap, again my apologies