Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Doncaster 2023.

Chris Lambert has just posted a poll here for choice of event dates for next year for Doncaster. If you are interested get your vote in ASAP as the sooner we get a date the earlier we can book our rooms at Doncaster East.

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...DONCASTER-2023

Rob.
    Last edited by Bligh; 01-24-2023 at 09:07.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

After a chat with Captains Duff and Patch at Hammerhead last week, I have made a start on the senics for our game Copenhagen, coming up at Doncaster this coming September.

Here is my rendition for the backscene of the City inspired from paintings of the period by Nicholas Pocock, and C A Lorentzen, plus a couple of other unnamed prints.

Rob.

First I made my master copy, and then deleted the unwanted foreground, before dividing up the scene into three sections ready for enlarging.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1541.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 03-13-2023 at 04:10.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The next stage was to enlarge the sections of the print and add the countryside on either side. They then had to be trimmed to match.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I now positioned the four pictures on the backboard.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

All in place, they were now ready for spray glue to afix them to the backboard.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Whilst waiting for my new spray can of glue to arrive as the one I had was nearly empty, I began work on the 3D elements of the scenics with a look at the Trekroner fort.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trekroner_(Copenhagen).jpg   trek4.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 03-14-2023 at 02:07.

I have a model of the Trekronner fort but in 1/2400 scale. Hallmark made all the ships for the 1801 battle in that scale, which I have all painted and ready to go.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And here is the completed fort.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1560.jpg   IMG_1586.jpg   IMG_1588.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    I have a model of the Trekronner fort but in 1/2400 scale. Hallmark made all the ships for the 1801 battle in that scale, which I have all painted and ready to go.
    I will be interested to see the pictures of your fort and ships Eric.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    I will be interested to see the pictures of your fort and ships Eric.
    Rob.
    I'll dig them out for a shot.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Eric.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Today I started work on embedding the coastal batteries.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1622.jpg  

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Beautiful work, Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Jonas.
    I'm just waiting for my lime kilns in order to complete this part of the shoreline.

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

In the meantime I have cut up the supporting sheet of Plasticard and glued it to the bases of the shore.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1637.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The next phase is applying PVA to the beach and dusting with fine sand.Then when dried repeat process with a dusting of course sand in drifts and larger rocks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1644.jpg   IMG_1642.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 06-29-2023 at 01:49.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

All now tried and tested on the games table.
    See you all at Donny on Friday.
    Rob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1590.jpg   IMG_1611.jpg  

Nice looking set up. I like your use of the city back drop.