Thread: Château du Taureau

This is a 3D fort I downloaded for free from thingyverse.com named Château du Taureau. It only took a day to build the island and paint. I still have to install ordnance on top.

The real fort:
    Attachment 57562
    Attachment 57563

The model:
    Attachment 57564
    Attachment 57565
    Attachment 57566
    Attachment 57567
    Attachment 57568
    Attachment 57569
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Landsman
    Mexico

Log Entries
    Name
    Ivis

Wow! OMG! These look amazin! haha I wish I had some good looking terrain like that!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Sorry chaps but I had to move these threads out of the Terrain Showcase as they did not comply with the requirements of that forum.
    Here is the reminder that Keith set up for us to follow .

USE OF THE SHOWCASE.

Welcome to the Terrain showcase. Shipmates are welcome to use this sub forum to display their 3D Harbours, fortifications, Islands and Sea Ports.
    You will be limited to three photos of each category of terrain type in the selected area. If you have a model not on the list PM me and I will add it for you if it is deemed a substantial construction. If you later update your model, please remove the original photos and update with your new version as this will prevent the thread from becoming too complicated. Any photos which are not correctly displayed will be deleted just to keep the thread tidy. You may add a title to the model, but please do not include comments. Put these in the comment thread here in the Sticky specially established for them.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jed

Well done vol!

Thank you Jed

Can't seem to find this thread anywhere but here under "What's New". I also can't remember ever starting this thread. These pictures were posted in "What's on Your Workbench for February" this year. Very strange

Quote Originally Posted by ivishga View Post
    Wow! OMG! These look amazin! haha I wish I had some good looking terrain like that!

Thank you Ivis

With guns

Name:  20220203_210451.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  268.0 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Even more impressive Vol.Not sure what the insertion into the Showcase was all about. if Ivis had not replied I would probably have missed it there.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Now having looked back at the showcase, I wonder if all that problem you had with posting was some sort of glitch, and it put in all your posts of the work on the castle, or Keith just found the problem and posted them all for some reason. If you like I will reopen that thread and remove the extra pictures.

Rob.

Ok thanks Rob. I had truly forgotten how much trouble it was

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

That looks pretty good Vol, especially for free.

It's a strange coincidence that a friend is visiting in a couple of weeks and we intend to play a game based on the rescue of Mme de Gaulle from Carentac. Which is situated on the western arm of the Baix de Morlaix and your Chateau guards the enterance to the Baix.
    28mm WWll commandos rather than ships with sails though.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Here is the Chateau situated in the bay, and for those interested this clip may be of some use.

https://www.tourismebretagne.com/off...ch-fr-1976340/
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    That looks pretty good Vol, especially for free.

It's a strange coincidence that a friend is visiting in a couple of weeks and we intend to play a game based on the rescue of Mme de Gaulle from Carentac. Which is situated on the western arm of the Baix de Morlaix and your Chateau guards the enterance to the Baix.
    28mm WWll commandos rather than ships with sails though.
    Sounds like great fun all the same John, ships or no.

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Here is the Chateau situated in the bay, and for those interested this clip may be of some use.

https://www.tourismebretagne.com/off...ch-fr-1976340/

It's wonderful what drones have done for our perspective. The visuals in that video are awesome, especially the direct overhead shot.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Glad you enjoyed it Vol.
    My wife's neice put me onto these videos when I was doing Dubrovnik. There is a complete walk through the streets and on Google maps you can tour the whole of the wall walk also. Not found anything as good for Tarranto yet though.
    Rob.