Thread: Broken Mast Glue Recommendation

Midshipman
    Czech Republic

Log Entries
    Name
    Daniel

Broken Mast Glue Recommendation

Just want to share a good experience. I am sure most of you know the terrible feeling of broken mast (yesterday by watch strap ). Láďa, the store owner lent me Army Painter Super Glue and it worked extremely well. Recommend

If you have another good experience, feel free to share it.

Post Scriptum: Good to be back on sea again

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

I've found Mek Pak glue works really well as it effectively "welds" the surfaces back together again.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I had the same problem at Britcon last weekend Daniel.
    A kindly gentleman who does not have anything to do with SAILS bailed me out with his emergency small tube of Super Glue.
    Something which I will now carry to all games in my emergency rations.

As an aside, would you be willing to give this Home Page a make over similar to the one which you did for Chris on the Drome?
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

I've actually been known to apply thin coats of clear-drying superglue to the mast-hull join areas of my ships as a bit of preemptive reinforcement.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Ordinary Seaman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    lankin

"Army Painter Super Glue", unfortunately, is also just a super glue. After several experiments
    with plastic glue, I can recommend "Citadel Plastic Glue" for Sails of Glory, maybe the same
    as "Mek Pak", i don't now this one.

Plastic Glues from Revell and Pattex didn't work as well as the Citadel Glue.
    I also have not checked Army Painter Platic Glue, but i would prefer if before the
    Super Clue for long lasting.

The advantage over Super Glue is that this welds the seams.
    It is a bit slower, but still relatively fast usable if you don't touch it to much.

Midshipman
    Czech Republic

Log Entries
    Name
    Daniel

Thank you for your recommendations, gentlemen. Maybe I am still under infuence of super glues from 90' that I would never used on my minis
    Anyway, I would buy Citadel one and set the emergency pack as Admiral Blight is using

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

On Lankin's reccomendation I have just purchased a bottle of the Citadel glue for £4.75. it is well worth that to give it a try.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And when I got home today, there it was. That's what comes of having GW head office in Nottingham.
    Rob.