Thread: Amphibious Actions

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jason

Default Amphibious Actions

I was recently perusing Perry Miniatures' sailors and marines, and it got me wondering. Have any of you linked your SoG games with land-based games for a two-part scenario or wider campaign?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Jason.
    The only landings we have done at Chez Bligh and Doncaster is with homemade chits for marines and crewmen rather in the manner of the old board gamers. We have small in scale ships boats and cutters from Langtons to land the troops and then they have attacked works of various types using the hand to hand rules. Semaphore towers, fortifications, and islands have been invested and taken, and once at Doncaster even a naval dockyard went up in a conflagration accompanied by suitable explosions and fireworks. Random cards helped to put some tension into the action, whilst the rest of the squadron duked it out at sea with the enemy, each sans a couple of crew boxes to emulate the landing parties.
    Apropos to this, at BritCon last week we came across a Trade stand with larger scale ships boats for sale which were printable and thus a fraction of the price of the ones we used to see. They also had crews and landing parties quite suitable for the sort of action you may wish to try.
    Unfortunately, not being interested for myself, I did not note who they were, but you may be able to track them down if you so wish.

Although the show is over if you look here and scroll down you will find all the Traders listed amongst the other paraphanalia. Also a shot of my Tripoli game if you don't blink or you will miss it.

https://www.bhgs.org.uk/britcon-trade-show.html

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

I remember HaT figures did a Sailors and Marines set which included a few cannon and crew as well as sailors and marines.
    These were 1/72 scale and in soft plastic aka Airfix, Esci etc