Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Is this as good as it looks?

Anybody know anything about the company advertising on Amazon U.K. They have a bunch of ships at what seems rediculously low prices.

Rob.
    Sails of Glory: HMS Leopard 1790/ HMS Isis Board Game by Ares Games
    Price: £12.24
    Dispatched from and sold by RAREWAVES USA.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Anybody know anything about the company advertising on Amazon U.K. They have a bunch of ships at what seems rediculously low prices.

Rob.
    Sails of Glory: HMS Leopard 1790/ HMS Isis Board Game by Ares Games
    Price: £12.24
    Dispatched from and sold by RAREWAVES USA.
    Hi Rob, yes I've bought a lot of ships and planes from them over the last couple of years. All on Ebay, never on Amazon but I don't imagine there's any difference.

They ship each item separately, it is not particularly secure or well packed but I've never had anything damaged except my last shipment of 8 planes had the top wing of an Italian Biplane detatched. It has parted at the glued struts and will be an easy repair. I imagine I've probably had 60+ items so it's a good record.
    They ship from the U.S. and takes a little time to arrive but has always been delivered between the dates they quote.

Prices are usually cheaper than UK and they include postage on ebay so you save £3.20 over UK suppliers as well.

The only other issue I've had is that 2 planes they shipped didn't arrive but they issued a credit immediately, I'm very impressed with them.

Ordinary Seaman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    lankin

I, too, have been hitting it from time to time over the past 3 years.
    My experience is very positive, as Vagabont says,
    the outer packaging is often simple, but even with me so far no damage to the actual product,
    here and there was only the SoG box somewhat dented.
    My last shipments came via Jersey.

Less selection, but quite good prices also has stevescollectableslimited from UK on ebay.
    I could combine to lower the postage.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for the assessment gentlemen. I will watch out for anything I need then.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.