Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AAR. The battle of Cape Ortagal.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bligh; 11-17-2021 at 13:31.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Last edited by Bligh; 11-17-2021 at 13:31.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Last edited by Bligh; 11-17-2021 at 13:33.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Last edited by Bligh; 11-17-2021 at 13:34.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Last edited by Bligh; 11-17-2021 at 13:35.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Rob I don't know if it's my internet connection being slow but I can't see any of the later pictures you've posted.
    Cheers

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Where does the problem start John?
    Rob.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Where does the problem start John?
    Rob.
    I can see HMS Caesar but no pictures after that.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Same for me.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Can you see HMS Courageux now chaps.
    If so I will amend the others, but it may take a day or so because it is a bit of a rigmarole to do.

Rob.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Courageux shows fine here!

This is a good "bite-size" mixed engagement; I've tried to suggest Ares look at it as a small-scale developmental model for working toward The Big One.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Goodon all fronts DB. it would be great to see that come to pass. Also, now I know why the pictures failed I can get the others put back.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hopefully you can all now see the full set of ships cards.
    Rob.

Ordinary Seaman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    lankin

thanks a lot, now it works for me.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That's good to hear Lankin. I now know how to avoid that one in future.
    Rob.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Rob they all work for me now.

Thanks for rectifying it, does this mean you can post pictures normally now or are you still 1 post at a time?
    Cheers

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The failure to post viewable pictures was my feeble attempt to rectify the problem John. I'm afraid I am back to having to post and then save the attatchment in order for the pictures to show up. I could see them fine but obviously no one else could.

Rob.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

I was having a similar problem to you but on the Wings site, I would post all my pictures exactly as I had previously done and it would show them where I expected but also dump them all on the bottom of the post as well.
    I then started posting following MikeeMagnus procedure and that worked but it was laborious. I then tried a post using my original method and miraculously it worked and has done for the last 6 months. I haven't changed anything, I'm sure it was the site.

Stumptonian Pete had a similar problem but he found a specific code had changed, once he amended it he's had no problems since, you could ask him what he did and it might solve your problem, alternatively I could find Mikes instructions to me and send you a link so you could see if that helps.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That would be very handy John. I was getting the same problem on Wings, but have not posted any pictures there for a while. Maybe I should try again. This process only works if I delete the original, and as you say the pictures then group, so I can only post one at a time which is very time consuming, and is putting me off doing long AARs more than once a month or so.

Rob.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Hi Rob, sorry to be hijacking your game post but if you look at this post on the wings site just rush past my game report and look at the comments where the discussion into posting pictures starts.

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...16-by-Vagabond

Flash Dave then provides another link and the conversation continues on a different thread, part way down that I ask Mike for the document he uses to post and he posted it into the body of the thread, I printed that and followed his instructions, it worked fine just a little slow.

I know what you mean about frustrating, when I first started posting AAR's here I had to create an album and then cross reference from the album to the AAR which was awful. The later ones I did I was able to copy and paste the text from my laptop to the post and then go back and place the curser where I wanted a picture and click on the insert picture button and select the photo from my laptop and insert it.

If it's not easy then no one will post long picture intensive AAR's, we need to make it easy for you to post at least once a week.