Thread: The Doorbell!

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Default The Doorbell!

I thought a lie-in for once this morning and at 0830 the doorbell sounds ...... A parcel from Lexington Kentucky has arrived. It is my Oak & Iron , Ships of the Line expansion purchase that I made a week or two ago. I am impressed that it arrived so quickly as I was thinking maybe the second or third week in November given the sad state of parcel deliveries these days.

These 1/600 ships are gargantuan compared to our Sails of Glory models. They need painting of course (I am going to enlist a modeller friend to help) but I am sure they will look great on the table.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am now waiting for the doorbell with a delivery of mine which should have arrived last Thursday Gary. The postal service seems to still be in a state of turmoil despite most other things getting back to something like normal. I hope you have luck in getting your model painter friend to help OK.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.