Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partizan 21. The Action photographs.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Partizan 21. The Action photographs.

Game on!

The first game was a training session involving a very patient Ruth and Chris with a keen new young ships captain being shown the ropes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0692.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-11-2021 at 13:44.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The GM looks on as the two protagonists close, and our new captain discovers what a raking shot is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0696.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-11-2021 at 13:43.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Meanwhile from 15 miles away sailing the "Billy Ruffian" I tack toward the sound of the guns to try and give aid to our young captain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0697.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-11-2021 at 13:43.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

As the french ship captained by Ruth and our gallant young captain battle it out broadside to broadside, I continue to struggle against the headwind tacking back and forth across the bay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0698.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-11-2021 at 13:42.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Both 74s complete their turns and go broadside to broadside again. Our young captain giving as good as he gets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0700.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-11-2021 at 13:39.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Finally the GM steps in with my ship still well off the action and although I had it down as a drawn game Ruth magnanimously accepts that our young captain should be awarded the win.

Rob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0701.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Intermission!

Little did the British squadron realize that this was to be the last success for most of the day as the next four games will show tomorrow.

Meantime three old friends hove into view ready to take up the vacant captancies as the second game was prepared.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0693.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

These fine fellows are the closest tat we have to groupies as we plough the Main each year from Gig to Gig or even longboat.
    Stalwarts all with a ready northern wit and a penchant for a good old contretemps, they readily took up the cudgels for the next encounter.

To be continued..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0694.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

As we wait for a fair wind to set sail on the second mission, a "fly boy" greets his old shipmates.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0702.jpg  

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the photos with the accompanying dialogue.
    It looks quite busy Rob, was there a good turn out for the show?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Laurence Baldwin who runs Partizan told me that in the first half hour of opening thy had over 900 through the doors, so I expect they made the expected 2000 with ease, although we did notice the crowds start to thin out by about 3PM.
    It certainly kept us busy all day.

Rob.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

It sounds like you had a good time.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Would have been even better with another Admiral alongside Dave.

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Game Two.

The french Squadron plot their attack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0704.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-12-2021 at 10:05.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Whilst the British consider a few last minute instructions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0705.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Both squadrons manoeuvre to gain the wind advantage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0703.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Fire is exchanged with varying results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0706.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

One raking action takes place, and for an instant the British seem to have the upper hand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0707.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

However one French 74 seems to have lost rudder control, and heads for the edge of the world.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0708.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-12-2021 at 12:43.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

A late repair fails to save him and he dips below the horizon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0709.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-12-2021 at 10:04.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Then there were three, and a definite British advantage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0710.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-12-2021 at 10:04.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Until one of the British felt the French had a really good idea and also headed for oblivion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0711.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-12-2021 at 12:39.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

A mistake by the final British ship left the French a bow rake and boarding chance and the game could have ended here with a French victory against all the odds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0712.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-12-2021 at 12:16.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The Ship mats show the relative situation between the two ships at this stage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0714.jpg   IMG_0713.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-12-2021 at 12:32.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The two ships now seperated to lick their wounds and mak repairs before reentering the fray.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0715.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-12-2021 at 12:31.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Coming about they closed for the final showdown.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0716.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

For a moment it seemed as if a collision was about to happen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0717.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

At the last instant the French captain turned into the wind and grappled the bow of the English ship, at the same time raking it for a second time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0718.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Firing from the tops now concluded the matter as the last English tars fell to the French snipers in the tops.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0719.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Game three.

Game three saw two new captains enter the fray, and Simon took over as GM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0721.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-12-2021 at 13:15.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

After a little instruction both captains proceeded to sea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0722.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The ships closed on each other.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0724.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

They prepared for a first exchange of fire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0725.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-12-2021 at 13:14.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

When it took place the result was somewhat one sided. The British being cripled with hull shots and a fire, whilst the French lost mainly crewmen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0726.jpg   IMG_0727.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Both ships seperated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0728.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Coming about they approached each other again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0730.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

As the French 74 crossed the British bow it got off a shot with the rear battery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0731.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-12-2021 at 13:13.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

This was all the British could take.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0732.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

A final pass by the French reduced it to a sinking hulk.

One more win for the French.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0733.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Here we see our two captains posing for their portraits.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Will tomorrows game four bring on a much needed British Renaissance or will the French continue to ride roughshod over the English ships and their captains............ We will just have to wait and see dear reader!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0723.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Game four.

Game four was a filler for just after lunch whilst all the punters were still very sparse on the decks.

It began with a stern chase from me to close on Chris.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0735.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-13-2021 at 08:05.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Chris jibed and delivered a broadside at range which did me no good whatever.
    It closed three boxes and set me on fire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0736.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-13-2021 at 08:04.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Foolishly I continued to overhaul him in the hope of some retribution with both my broadsides double shotted and ready with first fire bonus intact.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0738.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-13-2021 at 08:04.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

As I overhauled him, he fired again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0739.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-13-2021 at 08:02.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

As can be seen from the ship log this finished me in short order with my ship having two more fires break out burning me down to the waterline even before I had a chance to blow up.

Two broadsides and game over.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0740.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-13-2021 at 08:02.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Game Five.

The final game of the afternoon witnessed the return of our young captain to do battle with Ruth once more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0742.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-13-2021 at 08:01.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Both ships tried to gain a wind advantage, which finally went to Ruth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0743.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-13-2021 at 08:06.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

As she closed our hero gave her a warm reception with a long range raking shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0745.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-13-2021 at 08:01.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Ruth then came about and both ship closed up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0746.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-13-2021 at 07:58.