Thread: Partizan 21. The Action photographs.

Hybrid View

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Partizan 21. The Action photographs.

Game on!

The first game was a training session involving a very patient Ruth and Chris with a keen new young ships captain being shown the ropes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0692.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-11-2021 at 13:44.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The GM looks on as the two protagonists close, and our new captain discovers what a raking shot is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0696.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-11-2021 at 13:43.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Meanwhile from 15 miles away sailing the "Billy Ruffian" I tack toward the sound of the guns to try and give aid to our young captain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0697.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-11-2021 at 13:43.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

As the french ship captained by Ruth and our gallant young captain battle it out broadside to broadside, I continue to struggle against the headwind tacking back and forth across the bay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0698.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-11-2021 at 13:42.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Both 74s complete their turns and go broadside to broadside again. Our young captain giving as good as he gets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0700.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-11-2021 at 13:39.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Finally the GM steps in with my ship still well off the action and although I had it down as a drawn game Ruth magnanimously accepts that our young captain should be awarded the win.

Rob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0701.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Intermission!

Little did the British squadron realize that this was to be the last success for most of the day as the next four games will show tomorrow.

Meantime three old friends hove into view ready to take up the vacant captancies as the second game was prepared.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0693.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

These fine fellows are the closest tat we have to groupies as we plough the Main each year from Gig to Gig or even longboat.
    Stalwarts all with a ready northern wit and a penchant for a good old contretemps, they readily took up the cudgels for the next encounter.

To be continued..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0694.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

As we wait for a fair wind to set sail on the second mission, a "fly boy" greets his old shipmates.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0702.jpg  

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the photos with the accompanying dialogue.
    It looks quite busy Rob, was there a good turn out for the show?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Laurence Baldwin who runs Partizan told me that in the first half hour of opening thy had over 900 through the doors, so I expect they made the expected 2000 with ease, although we did notice the crowds start to thin out by about 3PM.
    It certainly kept us busy all day.

Rob.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

It sounds like you had a good time.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Would have been even better with another Admiral alongside Dave.

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Game Two.

The french Squadron plot their attack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0704.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-12-2021 at 10:05.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Whilst the British consider a few last minute instructions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0705.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Both squadrons manoeuvre to gain the wind advantage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0703.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks chaps. Glad you enjoyed them even though I did not manage to grab all the action.

Rob.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Jonas.
    It is not easy to try and run games, explain rules and talk to punters whilst following all the action. This is why the comments are a bit sketchy in places and the pictures seem to jump ahead a bit more quickly than some of the action does.

Rob.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

That was great Rob, thanks for the breakdown of the games, looks like you had a good time.
    Cheers

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Thank you for the report, Rob, and the good photographs.