Thread: The Games at Doncaster AARs.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for your kind remarks and also for the Rep John.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post

Quick question on the backdrop. It looks like you are using square angle brackets to hold the foam board upright but it's not clear in your picture. It also looks like the board is just taped to the brackets, presumably because you don't use it like that at home.
    I would be most grateful if you have a picture that shows it more clearly? Or a good description of it.

Cheers
    You are right in your assumption John. At home the boards just drop into a slot at the back of the games table. Those andle brackets were taped to the back as you could see, and then once the whole thing had been placed the other leg of the brackets was taped to the table top with a full run of tape before the cloth was laid on top and scenery added.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.