Thread: Buried Toy Returns

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Default Buried Toy Returns

A couple of weeks ago I bought Boston my Border Collie a new toy to play with as he had ripped the stuffing out of his old one. The first thing he did was run outside with it. Normally he runs around the garden tossing his toys into the air and jumping after then and running round in circles etc in his play. This time he came back inside alone! I searched the garden many times, probing the bushes, digging through where he has dug and found absolutely nothing. Complete and utter mystery. Now after a two week absence said missing treasure was found in the doorway of my computer room this morning. Bedraggled and filthy, it is enjoying a cycle or two in the washing machine!

I reckon the pirates of old should have hired Boston to hide their ill gotten gains.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Sounds like a bit of a shaggy dog story to me Gary.

He probably felt that having lost one old and much loved toy, he was going to make sure that his new one was not appropriated by you.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

My uncle had a border collie that at the age of eight years saw sheep for the very first time. The sheep had never met a herding dog either. It took him about half a minute to gather all fifteen sheep in a large pasture in a tightly packed group. He knew immediately what to do and he loved it, even though he was quite old.