Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Name:  B58A4803-2FBD-4960-A898-202C1688147A.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  224.8 KB

Have the sails ready for Rayo and Bahama.

Now it’s only San Antonio left to figure out.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That is mightily impressive Jonas.
    You have been working hard.
    Today I am hoping to get HMS Captain on the stocks.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

First three ships in my Spanish fleet to be ready for rigging.

Name:  FB89CC2E-C08C-4D6F-8402-D0CA9F897292.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  129.2 KB

Salvador del Mundo, Conde de Regla, San José
    Last edited by TexaS; 09-02-2021 at 05:07.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Those are some seriously nice headsails, Jonas! (I mean, the whole models are nice too)

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Side tracked as usual. Instead I decided to do the Tripoli fortifications card for Doncaster.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I then took on a new venture. I never liked the forts which had a double aspect but only one action slot for loading and firing. It was as if they could not work more than one battery at a time, so for the Tripoli fort end I made a double loading card and upped tha anti to that of a 100 gun ship. After all Tripoli did have 150 big guns to defend it.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
    Those are some seriously nice headsails, Jonas! (I mean, the whole models are nice too)
    Thank you Dobbs!

I am working on Simon's Purisima Concepcion

Name:  20210825_162145.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  178.1 KB
    I ended up going with furled sails, but I can use these on another 1st rate.

Name:  20210828_075922.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  142.6 KB
    Name:  20210902_110958.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  191.7 KB
    Name:  20210902_191322.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  148.1 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Another very crisp looking paint job Vol. The furled sails make a refreshing change too. Why did you opt for those in particular?
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

That is Simon's version of Henry's ship I used for San José.

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Another very crisp looking paint job Vol. The furled sails make a refreshing change too. Why did you opt for those in particular?
    Rob.
    I am modeling it "at quarters" with just top sails and stay sails, towing boats. Like I did Henry's Holsteen.

Name:  20210126_162840.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  190.7 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

In true fighting mode and cleared for action below decks!
    Bravo.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

After a rather hetic morning, shopping and getting ready for Civil War 1644 fashion tomorrow, I actually managed to get some paint on HMS Captain this afternoon.
    Well it's a start.Rob.
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-04-2021 at 00:47.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Nice to see some projects making progress for you guys! I've been sidelined by logistics trying to prevent "on-hold inventory shrinkage" and get the collection's new arrivals organized into storage along with other brushfires on the homefront, getting the DPG's stashes of plastic dinosaurs shipped out and sundry other usual nuisances.

Seems to me that even if Wings and Sails are on hold for active production, Ares could take advantage of the downtime to do long-range planning and get options drawn up to sit on the shelf waiting for "Go" orders like the US Army's "Rainbow" war-plans preparing for WWII.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And I was just thinking that I was almost marking time DB. We seem to have a lot of non gaming matters taking up time at the moment, but they are all things which need doing. I don't understand it. We seemed to have had time to sort out a lot of things, and got masses of outstanding jobs completed during Covid lockdown, but there are still things coming up to interfere with my painting time.
    Rob.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Remember, "workload expands to fill available time"?
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I have my own theory DB. Einstein says the faster we move that time slows down. Obviously as we get older we slow down, so time must go faster. Hence we can't fit so much into the day.
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Vol, that Dane is beautiful!

Myself I’ve been out biking. 315 km in one go around a lake called Vättern, Sweden’s second largest lake.

Name:  4BDCE926-44A7-46EE-A630-56B92FF09C36.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  235.4 KB

Not my best look, but pretty proud of the medal for having done it 20 times.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Congratulations on your medal Jonas.

I was also away from the workbench yesterday, doing some 17th century re-enactment.
    Pictures to follow in the Wardroom.
    Rob.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Makes my prepping to replace the living and dinning room carpets a bit mundane, tell me where does all the rubbish come from, dont remember getting half of what I found, only a week then can wait until next project in Jan

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I have been outing some of my rubbish this morning too Chris. You are right. I am now on the if I have not used it since I retired out it!
    We are preping for the plumber, followed by the Electrician, and then new carpets upstairs in the bedrooms. It is incredible how much petrol money we have saved with no SK events for two years.
    Rob.

Wow Jonas, 20 times? No wonder the medal is so big! Maybe they are trying to slow you down with the weight? Pretty impressive my friend!

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Thank you, Vol. My time wasn't as impressing. 16 and a half hours. I spent a whole hour in a depot eating and having a massage. I've done it in 11:20.

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post
    Thank you, Vol. My time wasn't as impressing. 16 and a half hours. I spent a whole hour in a depot eating and having a massage. I've done it in 11:20.
    Haha, I can't think of any better way to puctuate a long trek than eating and getting a massage! Except maybe a good single malt?

Oh and thank you for the kind comment on the Holsteen. I do love the lines of this ship. When Henry sent it to me, I wasn't sure I liked it as it was so different. But after building it, I found I really like the elegant line of the hull. When I build Christian VII it will have the same colour scheme from the painting. My artist daughter helped me mix the exact colours to match the painting.
    Last edited by Volunteer; 09-05-2021 at 12:38.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Since I started biking at 20:22 I wasn't just tired, but also sleepy. A single malt, which I love, would knock me out completely.

Yes, I really like the Danish ships. They are a bit quaint, but that makes them more interesting. That's also a reason I like the Swedish Wasa-class. It's also a bit peculiar. It's a little bit the same with the Russian ships. When I'm finished with the Spanish I will probably get into these more odd ships. Except maybe a British second rate...
    Last edited by TexaS; 09-05-2021 at 22:40.

Since I started biking at 20:22 I wasn't just tired, but also sleepy. A single malt, which I love, would knock me out completely.

Yes, I really like the Danish ships. They are a bit quaint, but that makes them more interesting. That's also a reason I like the Swedish Wasa-class. It's also a bit peculiar. It's a little bit the same with the Russian ships. When I'm finished with the Spanish I will probably get into these more odd ships. Except maybe a British second rate...
    I agree the Russian ships are interesting. I have all of the Langton 1/1200 Russian hulls and the three that Henry designed, but I haven't built a single one of them yet.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Now I have my Swedish ships, I'm just putting off the enevitable "add the Russians" nightmare.

Rob.
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-06-2021 at 12:24.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

You obviously need Russian ships and Danish ships. Definitely.

Five 74s ready for rigging.
    Name:  C88678DB-08CC-49AF-BBEE-79783064456B.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  126.0 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I will have to do some more grovelling to Chris when he gets his printer up and running, and send a few more Kroner or Roubles Henry's way Jonas. At least that will give me a bit of breathing space to get the Kickstarter ships completed.

Rob.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Construction of Fort McHenry staggers along. The outer works have been routered and the shape of the peninsula has been cut. With cautious use of a raw knife blade and coarse sandpaper, the slope of the land is formed.

Name:  20210906_113454.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  79.2 KB

Name:  20210906_185237.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  127.0 KB

The finished product will probably have to wait for our return. I find that I must order more styrene for the base, and we're 2 weeks from launch.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Looking good Dobbs. I have also taken to using a knife to shape the lanscape rather than the sander I have, because even with a respirator on and complete room extractors on including a local extractor connected to the sander I manage to get an allergic nasal reaction every time I sand the stuff.

Rob.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Very promising, Dobbs. It's going to be interesting to see it's progression when you're back.

Spaniard ship Santísima Trinidad. Scale 1/1000 for Sail of Glory.
    I have scratch built the mast but I have keep the sails a pettion of my client

Name:  20210909_130428.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  149.3 KB

Name:  20210909_130357.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  117.4 KB

Name:  20210909_130349.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  118.7 KB

Name:  20210909_130343.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  111.6 KB

Name:  20210909_130329.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  115.7 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Another very nice bit of work Julián. That is what I am doing for sails at present but my stock of spare parts is rapidly runniung out with all the new cast ships to fit out.

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Just got my cards for Captain knocked out. Not often the cards are ready before the ship, but I'm back on stuff for Doncaster again today.
    Rob....

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat View Post
    Spaniard ship Santísima Trinidad. Scale 1/1000 for Sail of Glory.
    I have scratch built the mast but I have keep the sails a pettion of my client

Name:  20210909_130428.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  149.3 KB

Name:  20210909_130357.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  117.4 KB

Name:  20210909_130349.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  118.7 KB

Name:  20210909_130343.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  111.6 KB

Name:  20210909_130329.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  115.7 KB
    Nice job on the masts Julian. I especially like the "V" shaped dolphin spike!

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Looks good. I'm very happy you have started on my ship!

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Myself I’ve been working on more Spanish third rates.

Name:  90FE904C-B071-4D05-ABCC-5DEF223BDE1B.jpg
Views: 499

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Looking good as usual Jonas.
    Rob.

Thank you Vol, I'm a bit unsure if I did it correctly. Do you think the length is correct in that piece?

Myself I’ve been working on more Spanish third rates.

Name:  90FE904C-B071-4D05-ABCC-5DEF223BDE1B.jpg
Views: 499
    They look very nice. Do you want I use the same colour that your red ship? if so, let me know the reference of the colour to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Another very nice bit of work Julián. That is what I am doing for sails at present but my stock of spare parts is rapidly runniung out with all the new cast ships to fit out.

Rob.
    Thank you Rob, I will put more photos of the process in this forum, since it is a ship destined for this game.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat View Post
    They look very nice. Do you want I use the same colour that your red ship? if so, let me know the reference of the colour to buy it.
    No worries. My red striped Spanish are meant to be older to game St Vincent or the like. Santissima will be the only red Spanish in Trafalgar. Make it your preferred way of painting it. It'll probably be more correct anyway.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Now got the reverse sides for my HMS Captain cards.
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-11-2021 at 12:38.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob