Thread: “An Affair in Morocco.” Part three. "Stealth by night."

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

This unhappy conclusion to the survey seemed to at last awaken the gunners on the small fort to the situation, and belatedly they also opened fire. Fortuitously their ball fell short of the trailing boat, and before they could reload the remaining boat, having paused to rescue any survivors from the ships gig pulled out of range and headed back to Nautilus.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bligh; 07-28-2021 at 09:45.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

With the reunion of the boats and Nautilus, plus the arrival of Essex, the operation concluded.
    Last edited by Bligh; 07-28-2021 at 09:46.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The ships could now report back to Commodore Goldberg, with a chart showing comprehensively almost the whole of the Tripoli Harbour approaches and hazards.
    Last edited by Bligh; 07-28-2021 at 09:46.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Butcher’s Bill.

The Americans' ships.
    ships.
    Last edited by Bligh; 07-28-2021 at 09:49.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The Tripolitanian Gunboats.
    Last edited by Bligh; 07-28-2021 at 09:47.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The Fortifications.
    Last edited by Bligh; 07-28-2021 at 09:48.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Just a quick thank you to Anthony (Continentaleye) for the kind remarks and Rep he has given me for this episode.

Tomorrow the scene for our weekly game will be moving to the Persian Gulf for a slightly different scenario, before the move back to the Med.

Rob.
    Last edited by Bligh; 07-28-2021 at 15:40.

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

I always enjoy reading your AAR's Rob not least because of the models and effort you put into them. I really like your use of the laser for heated cannon shot too. Thank you for posting them.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Gary.
    it is always good to know people are enjoying my posts.
    Rob.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Funny thing... a buddy was just curious about wargaming in general and I sent him some of your AAR's as an illustration of how customizable the game can be even if it's just a solitaire scenario.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Great DB.
    Today's game was set in the Gulf. HEIC vs French. I felt it was time they had another airing. It was an odd senario in the way it played out mainly because of a couple of strange wind shifts.

Will post in the next few days.

Rob.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

You're really on a roll with these games at the moment. Long may it continue. Yet again a clever scenario with a good outcome for the Americans.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Essex got a bit of a hammering in this one. We were a bit worried that the fort might have done for her but that did not happen thank goodness. Captain Smithers is taking well to his new role as the main actor, whilst I just do the dice rolls for events and fire the guns or move the AI ships about. He now has a Starter set which he is hoping to use to entice his grandkids into action.

Rob.

An interesting scenario idea and great terrain - i.e., forts and town. Wow! I AM impressed....but not as in 'pressed' naval-wise. :)

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

This is all setting up for the Tripoli game at Doncaster Paul.
    Thanks for the nice comments.
    Rob.