Thread: Doncaster annual meet Wings and Sails of Glory

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Default Doncaster annual meet Wings and Sails of Glory

Here is a message from our sister site for Wings of Glory about our annual meet at the Doncaster Air Museum

Calling all new members !!
    Thought I would give a call out to all our new members... were you aware that we were having our annual (Covid permitting) gathering in Doncaster (South Yorkshire) over the weekend of 18/19/20th September. You are all very welcome to join us and we would love to see some new faces in attendance. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to PM me. Thank you

Please be aware that Sails will also be in attendance so a few games will be available if you can make it, also you don't have to play if you want to pop in and say hello and meet us or if you have any questions or need game rules assistance or help. Come along say hello and meet the captains.
    For pm purposes feel free to pm myself or Bligh if you would like further information.

Unfortunately I can't make it this year.

Beside the fact that I've to work this weekend, I think the damn Covid situation will crush any problem free travel plans...

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

You will be sorely missed my dear Comte.
    Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Sorry to hear this Sven! But not unexpected, look forward to seeing you in the future

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

it will be good to be able to report what games are on Chris, just as soon as we know. i will be doing my Tripoli game, and i know you will have one up your sleeve. Without Sven that may leave us short for Saturday. Is Simon going to put on a Pirates game do you think?
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Got an idea for a multi player campaign for 3or 4 players, starting to put it on paper

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Great Chris.
    My game should be geared for the same. i was expecting some kind of Covid spacing rules so I put off the Second Tripoli until next year.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

This is the programme for Doncaster as far as we know it theus far.
    Shipmates wishing to play will see that we have table three throughout Saturday, and hopefully one on Friday afternoon too.
    Get your names down for Tripoli ASAP as it is going to be restricted to four or five players.

Rob.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Just saw this posted on BoardGame Geek website by Andrea Angiolino. Hopefully you can read it via the link. Andrea says he will not be able to attend due to covid restrictions unless that changes before September.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/269...2021-gathering
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

There's a few of out great commanders in the pictures.

Sadly I can see why it's not possible to visit. Only the UK vaccination program is valid when travelling to England. My two Pfizer shots wouldn't count. And coming from an amber zone (most of Europe) have to take several tests and quarantine.

I don't think it would change for the better as autumn comes...

It will have to wait until next year, or whenever covid settles down.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for the Headsup Jim.
    We have had a long chat with Andrea on the Drome where most of the arrangements take place. Unless things change soon aseveral of our compatriots from Europe will be unable to make the trip this year.
    It will be very sad not to have seen some of them fot two years, and could well be three.
    Rob.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post
    There's a few of out great commanders in the pictures.

Sadly I can see why it's not possible to visit. Only the UK vaccination program is valid when travelling to England. My two Pfizer shots wouldn't count. And coming from an amber zone (most of Europe) have to take several tests and quarantine.

I don't think it would change for the better as autumn comes...

It will have to wait until next year, or whenever covid settles down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Thanks for the Headsup Jim.
    We have had a long chat with Andrea on the Drome where most of the arrangements take place. Unless things change soon aseveral of our compatriots from Europe will be unable to make the trip this year.
    It will be very sad not to have seen some of them fot two years, and could well be three.
    Rob.
    Coincidentally Andrea posted close to 70 photos of Sails and Wings events on Facebook yesterday. They are on the Ares Official FB page and included quite a few shots of Doncaster I've never seen before.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Latest dispatches reveal that the ban on all European travel from Amber countries is lifted, except for France. Boney ne passera pas.

Bligh.