Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Good day at Chez Bligh.

It was a good day for Sails at Chez Bligh today.
    First the Postman delivered me two additions for my French Fleet.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bligh; 07-01-2021 at 11:54.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Next Fedex delivered me the Sails sets from Warlord Games.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And finally and best of all Chris, Captain Duff paid a flying visit to drop off the new bases for myself and DB.
    Seeing Chris for the first time since Hammerhead 2020 really put the gilt on the gingerbread for the day.

It was truly a good day at Chez Bligh!
    "It seems to be law inflexible and inexorable that he who will not risk cannot win."
    John Paul Jones

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Very nice!

You have a lot to do now...

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

https://y.yarn.co/87a41eef-7891-4078...79be1e4500.mp4
    Since I can't get embeds to work... it's Ramius Quote Time. :)

"A great day, comrades... we sail into history!" *cue crew singing*

Just sent the First Sea Lord payoff costs to get Billy Ruffian's transfer between homeports underway, too. :)
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good news DB.
    Your goods are packing. You will be interested to know that the sets of sails are not just one sheet but some two and some three sheets.

Rob.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Good news DB.
    Your goods are packing. You will be interested to know that the sets of sails are not just one sheet but some two and some three sheets.

Rob.
    I figured that with the higher prices, my assumption was because the "specialty" sets had versions of all three sheets included. :) Sorry, couldn't resist the Connery... my mother has been obsessively bingewatching The Hunt for Red October every time BBC America runs it. (At least it's a break from the obnoxious Hallmark Channel...)
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Your parcel is on its way DB.
    I will PM you the tracking number.

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And another one for me!
    This time my long awaited paint set, but more important my new set of sable brushes all ready to get on with the Frigates next week.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

It's always a good day when the postman knocks

What are your plans for the 2 French ships and are they both Berwick?

Inspite of saying I wasn't going to buy anymore ships I've had 5 arrive in the last 10 days and coincidentally 2 were Berwick. I'm going to try my hand at painting one and I'd really like to have a go at rigging as well. I was very impressed with Captain Duff's ships in his fleet review.

With the paints and brushes it looks like you are all set to get more ships in your fleets.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The ships are both Eveille. One to complete the pair with Protee which I already have, and the other to supply masts for one of Henry's ships John. Still have 7 of Henry's ships to do, plus the three Swedish Frigates from Jonas. Then there are the three coming from DB so the Fleets continue to grow. Weather they will all see action one day remains to be seen.
    Rob.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Looking closer I realise they are probably a bit shorter than a 74 such as Berwick. I should have looked closer.
    I guess that you are going to have a lot of hulks in you harbours, de-masted hulks, or wrecks at sea if you are cannibalising 13 SOG ships for their masts.
    The printed hulls do look good though, so a wise trade off.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The good news is that I had quite a few mast from my wrecks and sinking ships, plus a few nore sinking ships and ships on fire to do so most of it is covered. I have had to buy three frigates for the Swedish navy and that Eveille to cover the smaller of Henry's 74s. Otherwise I'm set up until I buy my next ships from him. But yes there will be a few wrecks washed up on the rocks in future landscaping projects.
    Rob.