Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Default My last AAR

I'm embarrassed to say that it's been years since my last AAR.

The strange thing is that when covid made me not play anything with others (except Call of Cthulhu via skype/teams/...) I didn't return to soloplaying. Rather the other way around. I stopped playing miniature games at all. I have been painting miniatures instead. I almost doubled my Swedish GNW army and now I'm working on quite a few 3D-printed hulls. I still try to get a few things finished now and then for GNW.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post

The strange thing is that when covid made me not play anything with others (except Call of Cthulhu via skype/teams/...) I didn't return to soloplaying. Rather the other way around. I stopped playing miniature games at all. I have been painting miniatures instead. I almost doubled my Swedish GNW army and now I'm working on quite a few 3D-printed hulls. I still try to get a few things finished now and then for GNW.
    It's interesting how the covid isolation has affected us all. It's also a shame you stopped solo games and writing the results. As Anthony said above, I've also enjoyed reading your and others past reports from years gone by.
    Well not that many years.

Antony, congratulations on your promotion.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Thank you both for you kind words.

Perhaps I can find new inspiration in your adventures at sea.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

We all hope so Jonas. It is so refreshing to get a different take on the Naval actions of the period, plus I now have a vested interest in your navy with my Frigate Squadron.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

EXCELLENT!

My plan worked!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And I have a cunning plan myself which will be revealed to you hopefully next week!

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    And I have a cunning plan myself which will be revealed to you hopefully next week!

Rob.
    Is this plan as cunning as a fox I wonder.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It will be if I pin a tale on it John.

Rob.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    It will be if I pin a tale on it John.

Rob.
    I think that might make it "As cunning as a donkey" which is not quite as cunning as a fox. Whichever it is, I look forward to seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post

What rules are you (intending ) to use for GNW, Jonas?

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    What rules are you (intending ) to use for GNW, Jonas?
    I've been using Gå På for twenty years as I were one of the test players. I started my army because that friend wrote the rules.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Sorry for being the thread pirate Roberts but apparently our mighty Admiral of the Blue could solve the incident.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Indeed Jonas, but did you see how long it took me to notice that we were in the wrong place.

Rob.