Thread: SOG on Tabletop Simulator

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Default SOG on Tabletop Simulator

Last night I played in a SOG frigate action with friends from my local wargames club using Tabletop Simulator. Four hours of mayhem, not helped by half the players having never played before, me forgetting the finer points of the advanced rules and crew management, and the trickiness that is online gaming using TTS. BY the time we finished I'd killed one enemy frigate, one other on each side was bashed about a bit, the others hardly damaged as their COs had managed to drive their ships the wrong way at some point and it took time to get back into the action. It was good fun, we will do it again - but everybody really, really wants to get back to playing F2F. For s start the process of explaining how the game works is so much easier when you are around a table

Anyway, a fun night and it kickstarted my thoughts on a few SOG developments that I've had on the back burner for a while, which has to be a good thing!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Sounds like a good time was had there Dave. I quite agree that theree is no substitute for F to F but as a stop gap measure it helps to keep the spirits up at least I hope so. Look at this pair, no maskes or safe distancing, whatever next?

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

My advice for TTS games would be strip it down to the most basic rules possible until everybody finds their sea legs. :)
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.