Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Sorry to hear that Bill.
    Our experts over here are starting to get cold feet too, with the upsurge of cases in Europe.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Wentworth View Post
    This makes two years in a row. Please see HMGS announcement:

https://www.hmgs.org/view.aspx?messa...1a04351cda4525
    I wouldn't say cancelled, rather postponed to November at a different venue.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

GothCon convention has gone digital on-line. It's held right now, during Easter. I'm not participating as miniature games isn't as easy as roleplaying to do on-line.

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post
    GothCon convention has gone digital on-line. It's held right now, during Easter. I'm not participating as miniature games isn't as easy as roleplaying to do on-line.
    You'd be surprised. A couple of weeks ago I participated in a virtual game day using Zoom. I played in a WWII night action with coastal forces like S-boats. The host turned off the lights in his game room! Very innovative and kept us in the dark until we spotted the enemy ships.

The hard part is really for the game master because you need extra cameras to show the game table and you move all the figures of course. I think ours had his laptop plus two other cameras. I think there were 22 games presented with guys playing from the US, CA, UK and the EU.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    You'd be surprised. A couple of weeks ago I participated in a virtual game day using Zoom. I played in a WWII night action with coastal forces like S-boats. The host turned off the lights in his game room! Very innovative and kept us in the dark until we spotted the enemy ships.

The hard part is really for the game master because you need extra cameras to show the game table and you move all the figures of course. I think ours had his laptop plus two other cameras. I think there were 22 games presented with guys playing from the US, CA, UK and the EU.
    Reminds me of a double blind game I participated in years ago at Gen Con. I don't think I've ever experienced a gaming event that was more fun, exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time. You never knew what was 'around the next corner' until the GM's told you so.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb