Thread: The Buccaneers are Here !

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Default The Buccaneers are Here !

It is Super Bowl Sunday here in the colonies -- a virtual national holiday (I can't believe I'm old enough to have seen all 55 years of the game). The host team for this year's game are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (you were wondering why I was talking about American football on the Sails site...). Their stadium is festooned with Buccaneer themed team images, including a large scale pirate ship that fires a broadside whenever the Bucs score a touchdown. While I personally am rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs (the Kaw, Kanza, or Kansa is a Native American tribe from the Oklahoma & Kansas area), I thought my shipmates might get a kick out of some of the images.

Name:  Buccaneers 5.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  29.4 KB

Name:  Buccaneers 4.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  291.1 KB

Name:  Buccaneers 3.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  208.8 KB

Name:  Buccaneers 1.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  62.0 KB

GO CHIEFS, SINK THE BUCCANEERS !!!!

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

That looks quite impressive
    Best of luck to your team, my lad is getting prepared for the game tonight as he does every year for Superbowl.
    Myself I will be tucked up in bed

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

I'm not rooting for either team as it should have been the Green Bay Packers. That being said I'm not much of an American Football fanatic in any case. The best thing about the Superbowl are usually the ridiculously expensive commercials aired during the game.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Never been a fan myself but as Bill is going for the Chiefs, I will support him by sending a few policemen over to arrest the Pirates.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Never been a fan myself but as Bill is going for the Chiefs, I will support him by sending a few policemen over to arrest the Pirates.
    Rob.
    Thank you Rob! yes -- when the foeman bares his steel....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU6f...792EB&index=12

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

What a production! Bill you have quite made the evening for myself and Mrs Bligh.
    Thank you so much, and I am going to forward the link to Captain Smithers who will be as enthralled as I was.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

My interest for football is not that big, but those pictures are awesome.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    What a production! Bill you have quite made the evening for myself and Mrs Bligh.
    Thank you so much, and I am going to forward the link to Captain Smithers who will be as enthralled as I was.
    Rob.
    Rob --- I'm glad you and Mrs. B enjoyed it -- my spirits are raised every time I watch it. One line that always makes me laugh is "...it wasn't a musician, it was a drummer." It seems to me the curtain call was worth the price of admission alone.
    Bill

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Much to my chagrin the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have won Super Bowl LV. The celebration is on in Tampa:

Name:  Buccaneers 7.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  161.9 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Obviously my police supporters failed you then Bill. They must have forgotten to use the appeal of Queen Victoria as their ultimate weapon.
    Rob.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Did someone say Bucaneers?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

No wonder they won the Superbowl last night Dave!
    Rob.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

I started watching the Superbowl but fell asleep and did not wake up until the half-time show was on. Then I watched the second half.