Thread: Turtle Ships in 1/1200

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Default Turtle Ships in 1/1200

I hope nobody minds but I wanted to tip you off about a new project I'm involved with - Turtle Ships and the Imjin War between Korea and Japan in 1/1200

There's a new range of models coming out (the first wargaming models in this scale) and I'm doing the rules. More on the story of my "Project X" on my blog.....

Don't Throw Bloody Spears At Me!: Project X is - Turtle Ships! (dtbsam.blogspot.com)

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That makes a nice refreshing change Dave. What period do they cover?

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

The initial release covers the Imjin War of the 1590s, but the rules go back to the 10th century and I'm hoping the range of models will grow :)

Admiral Yi is revered by the Koreans in the same way that Nelson is in Britain. And there are a umber of parallels. The main one being that both were killed on the decks of their flagships in battles that put paid to the prospect of invasion by their enemies!
    Last edited by David Manley; 02-01-2021 at 13:42.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Sounds as if I must gen up on more than my reading of Shogun then Dave Obviously a lot more was going on around there apart from the Chinese Jap conflict and the Devine Wind.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Very cool! I have been contemplating building some scratch turtle ships for a long while now, stockpiling various plans and illustrations. Fascinating period.