Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Call up papers.

Got my call up papers for my jab today. Any other shipmates heard yet?
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Rob.
    Not yet. I'm in the third group/phase. After first responders/health care workers they're working on 75 and older. I expect 65 and older won't be until mid February (if then)?
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

My old man has had his jab the other day.
    No-one expects a ship full of dwarves.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Aargh, the curse of being healthy and young...

Suzanne and I are in the last wave.

Still, the fact that there are waves is great!

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
    Aargh, the curse of being healthy and young...

Suzanne and I are in the last wave.

Still, the fact that there are waves is great!
    Indeed! It's good we're doing these waves. I've got a long way to go yet...

In the meantime I'll continue to blame Nurgle (Chaos God of plague/disease) for this plague.
    No-one expects a ship full of dwarves.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Even the warped minds at Games Workshop never came up with a plague to outdo this one Gary.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Hopefully without complications, Sir.

...and don't forget the oral desinfecion with a glass of port.

Unfortunately Germany messed up a little bit.

Don't know when but I'm ready.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thank you my dear Comte. Mrs Bligh has not had hers yet although in the same age range so I'm waiting so we can get them at the same time.
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by Comte de Brueys View Post
    Hopefully without complications, Sir.

...and don't forget the oral desinfecion with a glass of port.

Unfortunately Germany messed up a little bit.

Don't know when but I'm ready.
    Germany messed up?

You know I’m in Sweden. We know how to really mess up!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

No complications here. Mrs Bligh got her notification today, and we are both getting our first dose on the 10th.

Rob.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Glad to hear you getting your initial jab Rob, being a KOF myself expecting a letter soon but nothing as yet, however just been TOS for a few days with a cold.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Cheers Chris. i hope to hear soon that a lot more of us are getting done.
    In the meantime take care.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

On the strength of the Latest Covid announcement, Raffer and I will be looking into the chance of getting Doncaster up and running this year. In the meantime consider the implecations of what this may mean for you all shipmates.

Rob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unnamed.jpg  

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

I have friends working with covid patients in hospitals who got their first shot last week. We're behind in Sweden.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

I had my first dose on 12th February and I have an appointment for the second on 30th April.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I had my first dose on 12th February and I have an appointment for the second on 30th April.
    Is this one of the advantages of getting older? I had my jab last week and the next one due in May - just before my birthday.

Rob nice picture but from the pictures of a previous Doncaster meeting that I saw on the Aerodrome site I assumed everyone already had full biological protective gear courtesy of Flying Helmet.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Quite close to you then Dave. We had our first on the 10th, and our second will be on the 29th April.

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post

Rob nice picture but from the pictures of a previous Doncaster meeting that I saw on the Aerodrome site I assumed everyone already had full biological protective gear courtesy of Flying Helmet.
    There are always the new attendees to account for John, and the fact that Patient Zero's contagion was so virulent that we were instructed to destroy our suits after use.
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Rob.
    My wife goes Wednesday, I go Thursday for our first jabs -- So grateful!

The wife and I got our first back on Feb 3rd. Our second is this week on March 4th. They are doing three to four weeks between shots here.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

In the UK we are having to wait 12 weeks between jabs.
    Rob.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Received my callup Sat7rday morning, booked yesterday. First jab aweek tomorrow then second late May

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Ahhh good old NHS, my second jab been cancelled, butapparently I cant rebook yet as the system takes a few days to clear/ update before you can rebook

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

You may find that when you go for your first jab, they ask you if you are booked foire the booster. We were O.K. but several people in the booths got sorted as they came out and were given their cards to say they had been given the first shot. Ours just had the date for the second jab on it as a reminder. However, I would still try again on line later.
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

My wife and I had our first jabs -- we are so grateful! Four weeks until the second jab. I was surprised how efficient the process was -- they moved hundreds of people through the process effortlessly:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COVID 1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	53319

After the injection we had to wait 15 minutes before leaving -- they ran the basketball clock for us to keep the time:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COVID 2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	53320

The process ran like a well oiled machine -- not something we're used to seeing with government bureaucracy!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Novel way of doing it Bill. We just had a clock on the wall. I timed our 15 from the time the jab went in rather than the time we got to the waiting room.
    Rob.

We received our second shot this afternoon. As I write, it has been a bit over 8 hours. The wife is experiencing chills and a headache already. My only complaint is my arm feels like a 24 pounder ball gave it a glancing blow.