Thread: Play by PM SoG game

Hybrid View

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

This is what I had in mind so that the Captains could see their position, either as a computer graphic or a sheet of graph paper with cardboard tokens on it, that would be much easier to photograph than the whole playing mat. It need work to show which ship is which and their heading etc.

Name:  Internet Game.JPG
Views: 1083
Size:  53.1 KB

It's Microsoft Excel the spreadsheet, with pics of SOG ships overlaid and positioned. Other graphics could be added to show gunfire etc. The drama would be the photos of the ships on the table but this would be the plan for new moves to be ordered. The Rectangles just need scaling with the ship bases.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Yes that developes my Chess Board idea and makes it even more easy to use if it is scaled to the ships base size so closely.
    I like your idea. I hope Sven does too.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.