Thread: AAR for the 2014 Campaign

Default AAR for the 2014 Campaign

Having finally worked my way through the optional rules I've started the campaign scenarios from the beginning, which means Scenario 1 of the 2014 campaign, The Treasure Galleon. I posted the AAR in the 2014 Campaign folder. I think that's where it should go, but if not I'll post future ones here.

Link to the AAR, but I think most people saw it already.

https://sailsofglory.org/showthread....y-ShadowDragon

I'm sure I made several mistakes with the rules, so a good re-reading is in order. Usually I figure out a storyline to match the results - in this case the relative non-cooperation of the AI controlled frigate that was supposedly on the same side as the one I controlled. Will see where the storyline goes with the next scenario.

AI was using Dobbs solo mechanism found here:

https://sailsofglory.org/showthread....Solo-Mechanism

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Please accept my apology for the underperformance of your allied AI captain. He has been berated.

That's a really neat idea to have the AI as an opponent and one as an ally. I must try that too!

I'm really surprised. Captain Armand should have made a better showing for himself. Oh well, that's probability for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
    Please accept my apology for the underperformance of your allied AI captain. He has been berated.

That's a really neat idea to have the AI as an opponent and one as an ally. I must try that too!

I'm really surprised. Captain Armand should have made a better showing for himself. Oh well, that's probability for you.
    The AI performed well enough, but there's always the edge of the world (mat) effect. The Dryade was near the edge of the mat and I had to intervene with a hard turn - either port (downwind) or starboard (upwind) would have done and the probability went with the former. That would have been fine if the Spanish galleon had headed for the Dryade but it went for the Hermione instead which meant the Dryade ended out of range and having to beat upwind to get into action.

That worked great for storytelling as I could work in the turbulent times of the French revolution. Yesterday's patriotic hero is today's traitor. It will fit in nicely with the next scenario since Gabriel will find out that nearly all of his Gascon and Vendean crew are royalists who take a dim view of decapitating their king.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Posting in the 2014 folder is great Paul it will make it easier for me to keep it in order and to see when you are due for your five submissions medal for that year.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.