Thread: Veteran's Day

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Default Veteran's Day

Here in the U.S. November 11 is Veteran's Day. I would like to remember and honor my Dad -- World War II veteran Chief Petty Officer George H. Brown, US Navy. His service medals include the American Campaign medal, the European and Middle Eastern campaign medal, the Pacific campaign medal, the Philippine Liberation medal, the World War II Victory medal, the Japan Occupation medal, and the Good Conduct medal. The crew of his ship also received a commendation from the French government for rescuing the survivors of a Free French ship torpedoed alongside them -- the water filled with ignited oil and many of the surviving French sailors were severely burned. He was also part of a shore patrol in Hiroshima several weeks after the bombing -- what he saw there was sobering.
    Rest In Peace Dad -- I miss you.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Daniel

Name:  3c7638e6601c7240ebdc72ac8fc05645.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  14.6 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I also raise my hat in tribute to the American Servicemen and Women.
    All the moreso since my own dad served alongside them in Operation Torch where his Carrier gave air cover for the landings.
    Rob.

You may also like to cast your eyes over the post I made here in the British section this morning.

https://sailsofglory.org/showthread....-Armistice-Day
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.