Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Admiralty Boardroom.

Thanks to a nudge from Dave, I can now declare the Admiralty Boardroom open for business.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

What time will the drinks be served ?

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Irony of ironies, a pirate in the Admiralty...
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Just think of it as a Marque of respect DB.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Wentworth View Post
    What time will the drinks be served ?
    All depends on how quickley you can get them ready Bill.
    Bligh.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Just think of it as a Marque of respect DB.

Rob.
    It's also not without precedent, IIRC Drake and Morgan both went from "freelancing" to high-level Official Positions. :)
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

These days the reverse is more likely

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Nothing political there at all then Dave?
    Rob.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Nothing political there at all then Dave?
    Rob.
    No, it's just that a lot of my senior naval officer friends seem to end up in cushy defence jobs when they "retire

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

BTW, sent you two an email putting out feelers on a more fleshed out Trafalgar roadmap for Ares; it's *still* more aggressive shortcutting than my AMS would like but I think if Ares can stay the course to a ten-wave line, and if we can fit Nile, 1812, AWI and a couple merchies into fifteen sculpts then I think most of the major needs can be filled out with restats and reprints to Traditional Naval Wargamer satisfaction.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I had a glance at it Db, but I am a bit too busy at present to give it the attention which it deserves. As soon as i get a chance I will digest what you have suggested.
    Rob.

Bonjour, monsieurs.

Need to get familiar with my new titel and read about the meaning of this.

So if I understand right in terms of a few cannonballs more or a new mast for your flagship, a kind of paper need to cross my table, first?

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Comte de Brueys View Post
    Bonjour, monsieurs.

So if I understand right in terms of a few cannonballs more or a new mast for your flagship, a kind of paper need to cross my table, first?

Assuming my band of scaly scalawags doesn't Midnight Requisition it first... LOL :D
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    BTW, sent you two an email putting out feelers on a more fleshed out Trafalgar roadmap for Ares; it's *still* more aggressive shortcutting than my AMS would like but I think if Ares can stay the course to a ten-wave line, and if we can fit Nile, 1812, AWI and a couple merchies into fifteen sculpts then I think most of the major needs can be filled out with restats and reprints to Traditional Naval Wargamer satisfaction.
    A ten wave line? I admire your optimism, another one in the next 24 months would be a significant achievement

I did see your email, alas the demands of the fleet have prevented me from attending to it (having fun getting a ship back to sea after refit and some submarine work getting in the way)

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    A ten wave line? I admire your optimism, another one in the next 24 months would be a significant achievement

I did see your email, alas the demands of the fleet have prevented me from attending to it (having fun getting a ship back to sea after refit and some submarine work getting in the way)
    Didn't say a word about timetable :) and that includes the four we already have which I'm leveraging for reprints and restats. :) Hopefully they at LEAST give us some new Wave 1 decoes alongside the re-run Starter...

Good luck with the For Real Marbles stuff!
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Comte de Brueys View Post
    Bonjour, monsieurs.

Morning Sven and just for you.

THE NAVY BOARD.

List of Principal Officers and Commissioners 1660-1796 included.

The Surveyor of the Navy.

Originally known as Surveyor and Rigger of the Navy was a former principal commissioner and member of both the Navy Board from the inauguration of that body in 1546 until its abolition in 1832 and then a member Board of Admiralty from 1848-1859. In 1860 the office was renamed Controller of The Navy until 1869 when the office was merged with that of the Third Naval Lord's the post holder held overall responsibility for the design of British warships.

The Clerk of the Acts.

• As head of the Navy Office staff
    • Administering and processing of all Naval contracts.
    • Coordinating the secretarial side of the Navy Board's work.
    • Framing and writing answers to letters, orders, and commands from the Board of Admiralty.
    • Management of Navy Board records.
    • Processing of petty cash payments
    • Provision, equipment and victualing of all ships.
    • Superintending and organizing the business of the Navy Board.