Thread: Supplies are coming

Default Supplies are coming

Last week we decided to bring Sails of Glory on the table.

Due to the cancelled conventions this year I could count the numbers of SoG games 2020 on one hand.

My gaming buddy Chris and me brouht two frigates on the board for a warm up. We used standars rules + set sails + doubell shots.

In style we had a Pils from Norteastern German Störtebecker beer.

I like to bring some Spanish ships into battle and so I was in command of the SIRENA and my buddy in command of HMS Terpsichore.

The outcome was historical. After a good Spanish start I catched myself a doubleshot broadside and during the following exchange of long range fire I needed to strike the colours...

Next mission was the "Supplies are coming" from the base set rulebook.

Involved were the Spanisch ships SIRENA & FRANCISCO DE ASIS versus HMS TERPISCORE & HMS SUPERB.

Me on the Spanish side played the French part of the scenario.

Goal was to supplie an Spanish out post and escape after. The British try to sink the enemy or prevent the supply action.

Unfortunaltely Chris split up his two ships and the dreadful Spaniards (sailing better to the wind) catched the RN frigate alone.

With one box left the crippled frigate left the gaming area...

HMS Suberb went for bloody revenge, bow raked the Sirena and followed the enemy 3rd rate.

More a question of luck the ability I missed the reefs around the Spanisch outpost.

Finally I anchored right beside the outpost. Due to better wind conditions, the HMS Superb ran into my 3rd rate and needed to force the decision with broadsides and musketfire in a static battle.

But at last the luck stayed on the Spanish side and I drawn the lower damage markers and crew hits.

The incoming damaged Sirena finished the battle with a final stern rake..

That was fun...

Maybe the situation allows us in the future to bring more players for a SoG battle at the table, soon.

We stayed with the standard rules + sails + double shots, because two ships with full optional rules and crew actions brings you too fast at your limit.
    Last edited by Comte de Brueys; 11-15-2020 at 09:25.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thank you for your AARs on these two games. it is good to see someone gettin to grips wit games at last. The last time I played was at Hammerhead way back in March, but I'm hoping to get a solo game in sometime this week.
    A very good result for your ships in the second action my dear Comte.
    Sail safe.
    Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.