Thread: Old Navy Grog Makes a Comeback

Default Old Navy Grog Makes a Comeback

I thought this article might be of interest to a few shipmates!

https://robbreport.com/food-drink/sp...-sale-2939203/

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Very interesting Vol. I have been lucky enough to taste the real Navy Rum, and Pussers comes very close to it as well as I remember. I was only 17 at the time so I can't be 100% proof. Sorry I mean sure! however, Pussers is a jolly good drop even for a confirmed G&t man.
    Rob.
    Last edited by Bligh; 08-03-2020 at 02:49.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Alex

I've already got a bottle of Pussers Rum on my holiday list after I discovered it earlier this year. I usually drink Kraken since it is more easily acquired, has lots of spice, and of course a wonderful bottle. Quite delicious with a bit of ice and lime.

I was a bit miffed at the negative remark about Jamaican rum in the article. I lived in Jamaica for two and a half years and developed a fondness for it.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I tend to agree Vol. As our Navy Rum emanated from Jamaica, I would expect it to be of a high quality.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jason

I definitely brought Pusser's to my first SoG game night. God save the queen! *hic*

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

My Officers and I of course drink Port at our meetings. I would be a bad host if I served Captain's Duff and Patch anything less.
    Bligh.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

I too am inclined to prefer port, unless there's a cigar involved. Then I will indulge in rum, and then I usually go for Diplomatico or Zacapa 23.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That’s interesting Jonas. I used to be partial to a cigar with my Port, until a nasty bout of Pneumonia put paid to me smoking. All I have left now are a couple of my clay pipes on the shelf, and fond memories of those decadent days in the Wardroom. I still indulge in a drop of Port when I entertain visiting Captains. It makes a change from my usual tipple of G&t.

Rob.