Thread: Hello from Virginia

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    George

Default Hello from Virginia

Hey guys, I am new to the forum. I bought the game a few months ago and have been playing with my 4 yo son. I'm in the "NOVA" area, and looking for more people to play.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good evening George, and allow me to now give you an official welcome on behalf of your shipmates here at the Anchorage. I'm sure you will get many more welcomes as each odf the other sailors ships dock over the next few days.
    Meantime do feel free to join us in the Wardroom for a chinwag and a few virtual glasses of the latest prize's store of wines and rum.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bryan

Ahoy George! I'm a newbie to the game and trying to learn what I can from the awesome people around here.

I love hearing your 4 year old is playing! What rules do you play with your son? Did you have to house rule anything?

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Welcome aboard, George, from the top of Maryland.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Welcome to the Anchorage, George, from here 'across The Pond' in the United Kingdom. If you look in the US Fleet section of Welcome Aboard, I am sure that you will find other members from Virginia.
    Last edited by Naharaht; 07-09-2020 at 00:33.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Here is a list of all the registered members from Virginia George.
    You can also see how active they are. The date is when they last visited the Anchorage.
    Rob.

BarnacleBill 03-13-2015
    blevin01 02-05-2015
    DeadTom 03-04-2014
    djsheron 03-06-2014
    Jimbeau 01-29-2017
    John Paul 03-05-2017
    Kahlerclan 06-25-2020
    Mister Rich 07-30-2012
    mr7q 07-07-2014
    mt1ss bob 03-22-2020
    OHPerry 08-15-2017
    rcwindward 02-07-2018
    rddfxx 06-19-2013
    Rodwonder 04-17-2019
    rrrreubanks 03-08-2014
    teacherdan 06-20-2014
    Teufelhund 06-19-2014
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Able Seaman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Roméo

Welcome aboard George from France! You will very quickly realise that there are plenty of great, informative treasures here. The community can help you whenever you need it.
    "Les passions sont les vents qui enflent les voiles du navire ; elles le submergent quelquefois, mais sans elles il ne pourrait voguer."
    "Passions are the winds that fill the sails of a ship ; they sometimes overwhelm her, but she could not sail without them."- Voltaire

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    George

When he and I play, he doesn't worry about wind direction. My son just picks the cards and always uses the green arrow. I play with using the standard game rules with picking my movements an turn ahead.