Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Pirates at Chez Bligh.

Or Pirates of the Curry bean.

On the day preceding Hammerhead show, Chris and Simon arrived a Chez Bligh. I had asked Simon to bring his Pirate Flotilla so le least I could do was to put on a game with a Piratical theme.

The background was that a couple of Pirate ships had taken over a small seaport from which they sortied out in search of booty. At this moment The Black Pig was in port about to off load a hoard of captured artefacts and gold bullion. Unfortunately another faction had discovered that the chance had arisen to take the port, booty and capture their rivals ships all in one go.
    Thus was the scene set for swashbuckling and mayhem.

Here we see the peaceful harbour with the Black Pig in the left background about to take in her sails, ready to unload her goodies on the following morn.

Unbeknown to the sailors in the harbour, a couple of predators are prowling along the coast.

Forwarned in the nick of time Captain Patch (Simon) sallies fort to do battle with the approaching Captain Duff (Chris)

As the protagonists close, one of Duff's ships comes about and manages to bow rake the nearest of Patch's vessels.

To be continued.
    Last edited by Bligh; 04-20-2020 at 10:02.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Reserved for part two after the interval.

Very shortly after that exchange things really cut up rough for Captain Duff as he became the meat in the grinder.

Another attempt at a rake proved less successful.

Queen Anne's Revenge now headed towards the coastal strip.

Intending to enter the harbour through the back door, unfortunately she was headed off by Royal Fortune, and a serious exchange of ideas took place.

Senting blood the rest of the pack soon arrived on the scene.

Even Captain Patch's small fort on the headland managed to get in on the act.

The action now became general with everyone taking pot shots at each other whenever a cannon came to bear.

Eventually under a fusilade of fire from both the fort and Captain Patch, Queen Anne's Revenge was forced to strike.

It was all up for Captain Duff and his bold attempt to snatch the treasure from Captain Patche's stronghold. The Black Pig was able to offload her cargo unmolested. Where it rests now is another story shipmates. Arrr! Pass the Rum me hearties.

Bligh.
    Last edited by Bligh; 04-20-2020 at 13:18.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Thank you for the good A.A.R., Rob! It looks like you all had an exciting time.

Wonderful scenery and game, Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I did Dave, apart from being Games Master, I fired the little forts guns. It is not often that I get a chance to take a hand in beating Chris. We arrr usually on the same side flying the White Ensign.

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Comte de Brueys View Post
    Wonderful scenery and game, Rob.
    Thanks Sven. You may recognise some of it although a bit more has been added since the Nile, bot the town is the same.

Rob.