Thread: Nautical Apparel

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    James

Default Nautical Apparel

Greetings all. I've seen posts for nautical taverns and tipples, but none for apparel. I came across this great Master and Commander shirt, and wanted to share. Anyone else have a hat or shirt to share?

Can be found at this link:
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/400012...31233ac4Sr3gko

Best,
    James

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Aye mate! I'm stuck with land lubber duds!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Texas has a complete uniform which he sports on high days and holidays.
    You can find it in some of his posts.
    All I have is my Admiral's hat and Nile Medal, although I have several artifacts like my naval pistol and sword, telescope, clay pipes and snuffbox, plus a selection of cannonballs.
    So all in all not much apparel as such Jim.

Rob.
    Last edited by Bligh; 04-18-2020 at 04:53.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    James

I'll be on the lookout!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Here is his Avatar to be going on with Jim until he directs you to some of his superb pictures which he posted last year somewhere on here.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

The USS Constitution museum sells quite a collection of nautical themed apparel:

https://store.ussconstitutionmuseum....s/apparel.html

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Here is his Avatar to be going on with Jim until he directs you to some of his superb pictures which he posted last year somewhere on here.

Rob.
    Thanks for posting Rob! A job well done. I'lo be on the hunt for the rest of Texas' pics.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Wentworth View Post
    The USS Constitution museum sells quite a collection of nautical themed apparel:

https://store.ussconstitutionmuseum....s/apparel.html
    Thanks Bill. I am hoping to make it up there later this year or next once things calm down some and it is safe to do so.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

We have our very own Sails of Glory Anchorage polo shirts, of course.
    Last edited by Naharaht; 04-19-2020 at 00:18.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

So we do Dave! Wish I had thought of that. i only had historical on my mind.

Rob.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

If only they were available to members from across the pond....."sigh"......

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The Anchorage ones certainly are Bill, because they can be woven without the British Fleet part appended.
    The Wings ones not only have UK Squadron as an integral part of the badge but are now under the jurisprudence of my successor as UK Wingco, so I can no longer order those. They come in Keith's chosen corporate colours of Light blue for the Drome and Dark blue for Sails.
    If I get enough interest to get up an order I can send in an order. My supplier usually likes a minimum of 5 to make it worth his while setting up the machine.
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Well if there is a ground swell (or would that be a sea swell....) for the shirts put me down on the list as #1 of the 5 needed for an order please.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Right Bill you are on! Just copy this form to your computer fill in the details an then PM it to me and you arer top of this years list.

SAILS POLO SHIRTS ORDER FORM.

USER NAME-
    ACTUAL NAME-
    ADDRESS-
    E-MAIL ADDRESS-
    NUMBER OF SHIRTS REQUIRED-
    USER NAME ON SHIRT- YES or NO (Delete which is not required}
    SIZE OF SHIRT- S M L XL XXL XXXL (Delete those not required)

Approx PRICE OF SHIRTS- DARK BLUE POLO SHIRT WITH SAILS LOGO to be advised . Name LOGO £ 4.00. P&P ?
    Please fill in these details and send me a PM. DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION UP ON SITE. I will then PM you with payment details when the shirt arrives.
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Thanks Rob -- will be sending along shortly.....on similar but different note....here is a set of coasters I found at the Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library "New Deal Bookstore" for nautical themed entertaining in the old wardroom (FDR sailed on the Hudson and was Secretary of the Navy before becoming President):
    Name:  sailing coasters.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  70.2 KB

They can be ordered at :
    https://estore.archives.gov/roosevel...aster-set-of-4

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

They certainly look very good, and at just over $12 have to be VFM. That box on its own is worth that. i was thinling they would look good with the port decanter, and then that you would never get port wine stains out of the white knot.
    However,I will bear those in mind. Might make a nice prize.

I also got your shirt order thanks. It is top of this year's list.
    Rob.