Thread: Tall Ship Providence - Alexandria, Virginia

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    James

Default Tall Ship Providence - Alexandria, Virginia

For those who make their way to Washington DC, a reproduction of the sloop Providence, the original ship purchased into the Continental Navy and John Paul Jones' first command in the Continental service, once under, has found a home port just across the Potomac in Old Town Alexandria. The ship is supposed to open tours and river cruises this summer. It's already been delayed several months, I am eagerly awaiting getting on board. You can even rent the cabin for private meals. Unfortunately I believe we will still b social distancing come my birthday, maybe next year!

More information at their website:
    https://tallshipprovidence.org/

James

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That seems too good to miss out on Jim.
    After crossing the Atlantic to witness Hermione dock at Yorktown, I'm not sure that I could swing another trip across the pond, but it would be grand to do some time whilst I'm still this side of the turf.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

It looks like it will be worth the wait, James.