Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default A superb Birthday present.

Yesterday I received the first of my Sails related birthday presents form Andy (Captain Kiwi) and it really made my day in these subdued times.
    I spent this morning deciding where in my games room to display them, and now here they are in pride of place right next to my bust of our Nel himself.
    Thanks Andy for such a thoughtful and superb present.
    Rob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8960.jpg  
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Today the postman delivered my second B'day pressie.
    This will represent the last of my sinking ships unless I can grab a 50 0r 60 gunner cheap from somewhere.
    Rob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8959.jpg  
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

A belated Happy Birthday, Rob.

Those plates look absolutely splendid! Is there any chance you could post some close-up pictures of them here, please?

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Gosh, Rob! ...A happy belated birthday from me and Suzanne as well!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Wilco that Dave.
    I will put them into my album so that I can post without attatchments.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Nice motive plates, Rob.

Remeber birthdays is not a strengh of mine.

(So happy birthday, dear Rob)

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Sven.
    It was a rather odd day this year with no friends or family around, but hopefully will never happen again.
    Do look after yourself and your family my dear Comte.

Rob.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Happy belated birthday Rob! I'll save you an extra bottle or two of the home brew I will be starting soon
    No-one expects a ship full of dwarves.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Cheers Gary. By the look of things I will be ready for a few beers by the next time we meet up.

Rob.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Happy birthday Rob! Sorry I missed the exact day, but I've been a bit preoccupied dealing with the virus outbreak in New York. Be well and stay safe.
    Bill

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for the good wishes Bill. We are trying to keep isolated and only going out to shop or for prescriptions. All our local shops are limiting the number of shoppers at any one time and the queue is spaced at two metres appart. Inside the checkouts have lines on the floor so you don't encroach on other people waiting to pay. Seems to be working OK so far.
    Look after yourself, and your family.

Rob.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Those are really beautiful plates, Rob!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Glad you like them Dave.
    I could not have wished for a more apt present to grace my Wargames room.
    I saw them first in Yarmouth during the 2005 celebrations when we went to see the Tall ships, but could not even afford one let alone the whole set back then. I never mentioned it to a soul, so you can imagine my surprise when I unwrapped those beauties.

Rob.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

A late Happy Birthday from me too, Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Jonas.
    Rob.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Rob, hope it was a good day, looking at the presents it looks so.
    Hope to see you soon as I have a little something for you from Simon and myself

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Chris, it was a strange but good day.
    Hope you are all keeping well and please pass on my best wishes to Simon. It was great to see you both at the show, and not realizing that it would be the last one for the forseeable future too.
    Rob.