Thread: Some Photographs from Hammerhead at Newark 14th March 2020.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Default Some Photographs from Hammerhead at Newark 14th March 2020.

Here are a few photographs from Hammerhead yesterday.

The table.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03217.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	173.1 KB 
ID:	48383

Pirate ships

Name:	DSC03251.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	179.9 KB 
ID:	48384

The most awkward place to fight a battle.

Name:	DSC03252.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	48385

The Admiral giving advice to a young captain.

Name:	DSC03253.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	48386

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for posting thesepics Dave.
    I will try and get mine up later.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Here are a few shots of the first game with Chris demonstrating how to play the game, and then the junior Captains demonstrating how not to, as seen in Daves previous pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8936.jpg   IMG_8937.jpg   IMG_8938.jpg   IMG_8939.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 03-16-2020 at 10:15.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The second game had Rreg in action against a new young Captain.
    They went head to head and gradually whittled each other down until time ran out with them both down to on crew box each but unable to get in the finall killing shot so Simon called it in as a draw.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8944.jpg   IMG_8940.jpg   IMG_8941.jpg   IMG_8942.jpg   IMG_8943.jpg  

IMG_8946.jpg   IMG_8947.jpg   IMG_8948.jpg   IMG_8949.jpg   IMG_8950.jpg  

Last edited by Bligh; 03-16-2020 at 10:57.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The final game in the afternoon featured our old friends from Grimsby, who have played with us at many venues over the years!
    I am not sure if they are Groupies or Stalkers, but they always bring a lighthearted aspect to the games they take part in.
    It was over to Chris to umpire this one thank goodness, as I was so tired after the Morning stint that I just set fire to my own ship whilst sailing past the chit bag island that they had parked in the middle of the action. Thankfully no one noticed me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8952.jpg   IMG_8953.jpg   IMG_8954.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 03-16-2020 at 11:15.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Great photographs, Rob! I like the fire effect on the last one.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Cheers Dave.
    And thanks again for your contribution both to the day and with the pictures.
    Rob.

Thank you for the short reports and pictures!

Think you had a great time.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Yes thanks Sven. We did sespite the constant hand washing and failure of some Traders to turn up.
    Looks as if we will have to treasure the memory for some time now, since the latest advice to over 70 year olds is to isolate themselves for the next three months. I should get plenty of painting done in that time. Thank goodness for the Solo rules too.

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Just spotted your Rep for this my dear Comte. Thank you very much.
    Somehow about six of the pictures have vanished into the Ether.
    I also can't put text inbetween the pictures because of having to submit them as attatchments.
    looks like I'm stuck with this unless I make them into Albums and then individually copy and post each URL for them.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It was only this evening when I was copying down next year's date for Hammerhead in my Diary that I realized we are famous shipmates.
    Here is the flyer advertising next year's show.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8957.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 03-18-2020 at 04:51.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

I have today received a thank you mail from the organisers for both Sails and Wings attending, once again they appreciate us being there and look forward to next year.
    Thanks to all who attended the show from me, sorry I did not take any pics this year, senility setting in I am afraid.
    Last edited by Capn Duff; 03-18-2020 at 06:30.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That is great news from the front Chris.
    Back at what has become my favourite venue for my favourite show.
    Rob.

Great show report. The ships look fantastic as do the islands. Glad to see you had great turnout of players.

I attended Cold Wars in Lancaster PA this past weekend. Probably the last major US game convention for awhile. Show started just before the governor restricted pubic gatherings to 250 or less. (Now that's down to 10 people). Attendance was understandable down with 60+ events cancelled. Most traders were there and I did a brisk business at the flea market. I just got my copy of Oak & Iron and grabbed some additional ships.

I did run a naval game but it was using Kiss Me Hardy rules from Too Fat Lardies (modified for small ships). I usually use my SoG ships but this time I couldn't because they were small unrated schooners and brigs, so I broke out my old Langtons.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for the complements Eric.
    It is also interesting to hear what measures are being put in place over your side of the pond.
    Our Prime Minister has announced the closure of all schools and Higher Education establishments from Friday.
    Student Drs in their final year are being allowed to go into hospitals to help with the expected crisis there.

Rob.