Thread: Some more 64’s

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Default Some more 64’s

While finishing off a French 64 I did a bit of digging and found with a simple re-flag and a change in the insert we can have some more 64s from SGN109c

If you happy to use the flip side here which is HMS Argonaut

British Caton Class
    Hms Argonaut. French ship Le Jason
    Hms Caton. French ship Le Caton

Both brits were captured French ships

More to the fleets

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

A very useful find Chris, for a sparsely covered rate of ship.
    Thanks.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

I've actually proposed those to Ares as potential future re-releases... :) We HAVE discussed the Gazillion Page Monster Ship Spreadsheet of Great Migraine Triggering before, right?
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I'm sure we have DB, and promptly lost where the thread is I expect. I do remember your doing a lot of work on it and maybe it should have gone into the Files for reference. I can't say that I took in all the exact product numbers and ascribed them to anything I was working on at the time. Most remiss of me I know, but when splitting myself between the Admin on both sites and also looking after my cousin's household and her with dementia, the last couple of years have been a bit fraught until she died, and then I had here estate to deal with all that entails, and that is still ongoing so I'm not 100% on the ball right now.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Don't think I've ever shared it beyond allusion or a tidbit here and a little there, the full list might have even been flagged Proprietary.

I hear ya, right now I'm stuck taking care of TWO Evil Old Ones on top of trying to pack and dismantle my mom's old house one duffelbag at a time so I feel your pain.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Then we can both understand the problems and worries. I expect a lot of other shipmates have similar duties of care to deal with too.
    Rob.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Hi DB yes you have mentioned your spreadsheet in the past but I only seem to remember you putting out one for Trafalgar ships not a generalisation. If you still got I would like very much to peruse.

As for these I mention if any one is baulking to buy or more likely find some more 64 I intend to make up the base insert, cards and mat for these four ships that I will be happy to share

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Chris, right now the big problem has been figuring out which sculpt is closest to fitting all the various British and French small 2-deckers between BHR, Artesien, Portland and Inflexible. The French actually had a rather odd group of big-gun shallow-draught ships, the four Bordelais, that while rated for only 56 guns would throw more shot per broadside than a 64, so they're a "special case," along with many of the older 64's being closer in size to the SGN110/116 cruisers than SGN109/115.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Interesting DB, ok will wait until you think its ready to be used.