Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Land based actions.

Just spotted these chaps and thought that they might add a bit of interest if a scenario included a landing action. This could then be played out on a side table using skirmish rules and would not need a host of troops either. Anybody know where I can pick up a smallish cannon at this scale and some French or Spanish troops, pirates etc?

Name:  utitled.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  160.2 KB

Name:  unti.png
Views: 257
Size:  24.0 KB

Name:  untitled.png
Views: 216
Size:  26.2 KB

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Rob I guess you could have a look at ebay, there are some ESCI French line on this listing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/ESCI-1-72-H...31/bn_54089010

Airfix used to do infantry and artillery but don't seem to list any now.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

On eBay there is a 1/72 scale Napoleonic Naval Cannon and Crew set also produced by HaT https://www.ebay.co.uk/c/5020392519?iid=372335017015

Name:  s-l640.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  25.9 KB

If you search eBay for 1/72 scale Napoleonic figures, there are many sets of soldiers from different nationalities available.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks chaps.
    That should do the trick.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Ordinary Seaman
    Singapore

Log Entries
    Name
    Rafael

If you're interested in dual scale action u may wish to look up Broadsides and Boarding Parties (it comes w 2 tiny ships and larger scaled ones with crew, unfortunately OOP). Battle damage (kills, weapon damage) is reflected In a larger scaled ship replica. Once ships collide to board the action switches to the ship models where the crew take turns battling to seize the captain. Was interesting enough for me to buy a 15mm USS Oneida and Felucca with crew. Perhaps I was just looking for an excuse to build a larger naval model... but alas is still languishing in the modelling pile. For now.

Name:  IMG_20180705_204007_HHT.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  125.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20180705_194613_HHT.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  97.8 KB
    Last edited by ElRafa; 12-23-2019 at 23:37.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

For those interested in Rafael's suggestion, here is a link to scrutinize Broadsides and Boarding Parties.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2711...arding-parties

Then it is just a matter of sourcing one. £140 on E-Bay.

Rob.
    Last edited by Bligh; 12-24-2019 at 04:49.

Ordinary Seaman
    Singapore

Log Entries
    Name
    Rafael

... too bad it's OOP but the resources are in BGG. A bit of elbow grease and one can fudge it, I think. Here's the link to Thoroughbred's 15mm naval range if you're in need of a ship. Maybe i should get started on this...

http://www.thoroughbredmodels.com/SeaEagles.htm

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That could certainly fill a gap in the answer to landing parties and not too big a scale.

Rob.