Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default HMS Pickle.

Was anyone aware that this replica existed?

Name:  214901588_jpg_gallery.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  43.9 KB

HMS Pickle is an exact replica of the original vessel which took part in the Battle of Trafalgar. It was the first ship sent back to England with the news of the Royal Navy's victory and Lord Admiral Nelson's death
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The season of formal Trafalgar Night dinners, celebrated by navies throughout the Commonwealth, starts on Trafalgar Day, October 21, and ends in early November with Pickle Night, which celebrates the arrival in London of Lieutenant John Lapenotiere on HMS Pickle, carrying news of victory over the French and Spanish fleet at Trafalgar and the death of Lord Nelson.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

There seems to be more sailing ships of our age now than in a long time.
    If they actually decide to make that second Master & Commander movie they would have the possibility of using that HMS Pickle replica as a packet, La Grace as a transport brig, L'Hermione as an enemy and so on.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

All I can say in answer to that Jonas is bring it on!
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

I love when they use as much real ships as possible since CGI ships seldom look quite right. Models often look better especially if they make big ones, but nothing can really beat the real thing. Then CGI can be used to enhance the look of the real thing as removing exaust from the engine or whatever modern thing happens to get captured.